Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of http://www.flickr.com/photos/focusedcapture/3721390498/
About 15 to 20 minutes from downtown Vancouver is North Vancouver's most famous attraction, the Capilano Suspension Bridge. This popular spot sees some 800,000 visitors each year. The original bridge... Read More
About 15 to 20 minutes from downtown Vancouver is North Vancouver's most famous attraction, the Capilano Suspension Bridge. This popular spot sees some 800,000 visitors each year. The original bridge was built in 1889, and although it's been replaced since then, there's been a bridge here ever since. Swaying 230 feet above the Capilano River, the plank and cable bridge stretches 450 feet from one side to the other. Other attractions at the park include the world's largest privately owned collection of totem poles, totem carving demonstrations, hiking trails, their Treetops Adventures, the Cliffwalk, two restaurants and a gift shop. Come late November, Canyon Lights takes over and makes for a stunning light exhibition that's just in time for the holiday season.
- Jan-Feb, Oct-Nov: Daily 9am-5pm
- Mar-Apr, Sep: Daily 9am-6pm
- May: Daily 9am-7pm
- Jun - Aug: Daily 8:30am-8pm
- Dec: Daily 10am-9pm
- Hours May Vary Seasonally
- Adult CAD46.95; Senior (65+) CAD42.95; Student (17+) CAD34.95; Child (13-16) CAD27.95; Child (6-12) CAD14.95
- Things to Do in Fall: "Edgemont Village is just a short drive away where you can grab lunch after a trip to the bridge."
- Outdoor Activities, Tours and Excursions, Things to Do with Kids: "Edgemont Village is just a short drive a way and a lovely spot to grab lunch after a trip to the bridge."
- Holiday Attractions: "Bundle up as it gets pretty chilly on the North Shore."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "If you plan on going more than once, it's a good idea to purchase an annual pass."
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: The Capilano Suspension Bridge is great throughout the year, but late fall they get the park ready for the holidays with a stunning light display.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Capilano Suspension Bridge and Regional Park is a well-groomed outdoor playground with plenty of great photo opportunities.
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: Between the lights, the world's tallest living Christmas (153 feet tall!), and the live band, it doesn't get much more festive than this!
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Capilano Suspension Bridge is a refreshing escape from the city that offers a fascinating mix of history, nature and fun.
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: Capilano Suspension Bridge and Regional Park is an outdoor wonderland that feels miles from the city, but isn't.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Kids will have a blast at Capilano Suspension Bridge! The bridge, Tree Top Adventure and Cliffwalk will get their adrenaline pumping.