Type: Outdoor Activities
Grouse Mountain is open all year long for outdoorsmen and women to enjoy and it's conveniently located right across the water from downtown Vancouver. You can do a round trip up and down the... Read More
Grouse Mountain is open all year long for outdoorsmen and women to enjoy and it's conveniently located right across the water from downtown Vancouver. You can do a round trip up and down the mountain on the gondola, but that'll set you back a pretty penny. If you're looking to save some cash, get a good workout in and take in some awesome views, hike the Grind. Though it's quite tough, the views of the city and ocean from the top are worth it. "The Grind", as locals call it, is not for the unfit as it's a 2.9-kilometer steep trek up the mountain. While hiking up the mountain is free, you have to take the gondola down and that costs $15. Not too shabby, considering you got a workout in and a gondola ride.
- Free Things to Do, Tours and Excursions, Sightseeing: "Make sure to bring a camera, the view from the top is awe inspiring. If you're doing the Grouse Grind, be sure to bring plenty of water and pace yourself while you climb the very steep hike."
- Outdoor Activities: "If you're doing the Grouse Grind, be sure to bring plenty of water and pace yourself while you climb the very steep hike."
- Romantic Things to Do: "Enjoy a romantic dinner at the top!"
- Things to Do in December: "Check out their website for times of events."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Hiking up the Grouse Grind is a killer workout and cheaper than most drop-in classes at gyms in the city.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Grouse Mountain has something to do all year long-skiing in the winter and hiking in the summer.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Whether you want to hike, ski, snowshoe or skate, romance can be found throughout the year on this hill-side retreat.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: Grouse Mountain's holiday experience is unforgettable. From an ice rink on top of a mountain to real life reindeer, it's truly a winter wonderland.
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: Grouse Mountain is the only place where you can get in a killer work-out, enjoy a beer and (safely) see Grizzly bears.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Grouse Mountain is awesome year-round! Whether you ski in the winter or hike in the summer, the views are stellar.