English Bay Beach
Type: Beaches, Outdoor Activities, Water Sports
This popular West End beach is a favorite spot where locals come to kick back, relax, swim and soak up some vitamin D. Located right at the end of Davie Street and Denman Street, English Bay Beach is... Read More
This popular West End beach is a favorite spot where locals come to kick back, relax, swim and soak up some vitamin D. Located right at the end of Davie Street and Denman Street, English Bay Beach is easily accessible by bus, foot and Seawall. Driving may prove to be slightly challenging on busy days during the summer months as it can be difficult to find a parking spot. If you've got a bike handy, skip the car and take the Seawall. The scenic path will lead you directly to the beach and you don't have to worry about parking. Packing a picnic is one of the best ways to enjoy lunch at the beach. If you don't have the time or resources, there are a number of cafes, take out restaurants and food stands either on or close to the beach.
- Free Things to Do: "The Honda Celebration of Lights happens each summer in July/August at English Bay. It's a multi-night epic display of fireworks."
- Attractions near Cruise Port, Sightseeing: "If the weather is warm, make sure to catch the sunset from English Bay one evening. It's pure bliss!"
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: Pack a picnic and head to the beach. You'll find some of the best sunsets in the city from English Bay Beach.
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: English Bay Beach may be the furthest out of the bunch, but shouldn't be missed to get a true taste of Vancouver.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: If you're staying downtown, English Bay Beach is the easiest beach to get to in Vancouver.