Located in Stanley Park, this aquarium features the climate and habitats of animals, birds and vegetation from around the world. The Amazon Gallery includes sleepy Sloths, tropical birds, piranhas,... Read More
Located in Stanley Park, this aquarium features the climate and habitats of animals, birds and vegetation from around the world. The Amazon Gallery includes sleepy Sloths, tropical birds, piranhas, and jungle plants. The enormous pools feature dolphins, beluga whales and sea otters. Look at the schedule on the website, or when you get to the aquarium to see what shows the animals will be putting on while you're there. Specimens from British Columbia and Canada's arctic underwater coast are also featured. The aquarium serves as Canada's largest Marine Mammal Rescue Rehabilitation Center. The Vancouver Aquarium founded the OceanWise program which plays an integral role in educating the public, restaurants and fishermen about sustainability for fish and our ocean.
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the attraction for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Adult CAD21; Senior (65+) CAD16; Student (13-18) CAD16; Child (4-12) CAD13; Child (3 and under) Free
- Attractions near Cruise Port, Things to Do with Kids, Family-Friendly Museums, Sightseeing: "They do scheduled shows with the animals and there's a listing inside the aquarium to let you know where and when they will be happening."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "To avoid the crowds, it's best to go during the weekday when kids are in school."
- Best for Attractions near Cruise Port Because: The Vancouver Aquarium is the only place in the city where you can get an underwater glimpse of the different regions in British Columbia.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The Vancouver Aquarium takes in rescue sea life and promotes the ethical treatment of animals. Money made goes into animal research.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: The Vancouver Aquarium's habitats are incredible! Check out British Columbia's marine life without having to travel or get wet.
- Best for Family-Friendly Museums Because: The Vancouver Aquarium is a great place for kids to learn about the natural beauty and history of British Columbia's ocean life.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: The Vancouver Aquarium is one of the best in North America and practices the ethical treatment of animals.