Also Featured In
Located within walking distance of Folsom Field, you'll quench your thirst with one ( or several) of their many beer options. Gigantic pizzas, and scrumptious pasta concoctions will satisfy any... Read More
Located within walking distance of Folsom Field, you'll quench your thirst with one ( or several) of their many beer options. Gigantic pizzas, and scrumptious pasta concoctions will satisfy any Italian craving, this local dive is a favorite for beer and pizza lovers alike. The Chicken Parmesan and Meatball Sub are both excellent options for those who like traditional Italian, and for those who'd like to go the more adventurous route, The Hot Mob: ham, salami, pepperoni, lettuce, tomatoes, provolone, and Italian dressing. Our personal favorite, the Nediterranean, blends pesto & red sauce, pine nuts, garlic, roasted red peppers, artichokes, kalamata olives, feta to create one of the most hearty and mouthwatering pizzas in the west.
2319 Arapahoe Ave.
Boulder, CO 80302
- Best for Italian Because: Backcountry offers amazing pasta dishes, pizza, and calzones along with one of the best beer selections in town.
- Best for Take Out Because: Some of the best pizza in town with portion sizes to feed a whole team of people puts Backcountry high on our list.
- Best for Restaurants near Folsom Field Because: Backcountry Pizza serves up enormous specialty pizzas and offers over 50 beers on tap.
- Best for Downtown Boulder's Best Restaurants Because: Backcountry Pizza is the perfect local spot to get your pizza and beer fix.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Large portion sizes for cheap and a variety of Italian dishes earn Backcountry Pizza a place on our list.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: With its extensive beer collection, pizzas that can feed 10 or more, and a large gathering room, Backcountry Pizza tops our list.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: Backcountry Pizza and Taphouse offers a delicious kids menu, arcade games, and a fun environment.