Also Featured In
Rocky Mountain National Park
The jewel of Colorado, Rocky Mountain National Park offers panoramic mountain views, hikes that wind through alpine tundra and dense aspen groves with opportunities to glimpse elk, black bear, and a... Read More
The jewel of Colorado, Rocky Mountain National Park offers panoramic mountain views, hikes that wind through alpine tundra and dense aspen groves with opportunities to glimpse elk, black bear, and a variety of mountain wildlife. An adventurers dream, RMNP offers world-class rock-climbing, backcountry skiing, and fly fishing. If you're camping, stop off at Moraine campground that boasts a crystal clear view of the Rockies from almost any site, bathrooms, and easy access to hiking. The Cub Lake trail is moderate and perfect for travelers who have yet to acclimate to the high altitude. Bear, Echo, Nymph and Emerald Lakes are located in one of the most popular section of the park but, often, aren't overly crowded during the fall and winter months. Pack a camera and get ready to take some shots of mountain lakes and wildlife.
- Daily Open 24 Hours
Entry Per Vehicle $20
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Hiking, camping, rock-climbing, and fishing make Rocky Mountain National Park an adventurer's playground.
- Best for Campgrounds Because: Rocky Mountain National Park, with its sweeping views, pristine hiking trails, and proximity to Estes Park, is the perfect camp setting.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Camping, hiking, rock-climbing and general thrill-seeking await in Rocky Mountain National Park; one of the most beautiful parks in the US.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Rocky Mountain National Park, located less than an hours drive from Boulder, is the perfect day trip and provides scenic driving, hiking, and camping.
- Best for Parks Because: Camping, fishing, hiking, and rock-climbing are just a few of the outdoor experience Rocky Mountain National Park has to offer.
- Best for Hiking Trails Because: Rocky Mountain National provides some of the most rugged and beautiful trails in our nation.