Also Featured In
Rocky Mountain National Park
With Longs Peak towering over this spectacular state park and plenty of backcountry skiing in the winter, along with hiking and climbing galore, RMNP is Colorado's iconic destination. The highlight of... Read More
With Longs Peak towering over this spectacular state park and plenty of backcountry skiing in the winter, along with hiking and climbing galore, RMNP is Colorado's iconic destination. The highlight of the 415-square mile park is the Trail Ridge Road. Travel 50 spectacular miles over Trail Ridge Road, the nation's longest continuous road at such a high altitude, and experience incomparable changes in climate, vegetation, and eco-zones. Witness panoramic views of mountain ranges and peaks and close-ups of deer and elk grazing, bighorn sheep, birds, and other indigenous critters. If you're camping, stop off at Moraine campground that boasts a crystal clear view of the Rockies from almost any site, bathrooms, and easy access to hiking. The Cub Lake trail is moderate and perfect for travelers who have yet to acclimate to the high altitude. Pack a camera and get ready to take some shots of mountain lakes and wildlife.
- Daily Open 24 Hours
Entry Per Vehicle $20
- Romantic Things to Do, Outdoor Activities, Campgrounds, Best Attractions & Activities, Sightseeing, Parks: "Take a joy-ride on Trail Ridge Road or hike the Emerald Lake and Bear Lake hikes to tackle one of the 10 Best Hikes in America."
- Hiking Trails: "Visit the park during a weekday to avoid crowds."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Rocky Mountain National Park provides scenic snowshoeing and hiking. Lovers can get away to the backcountry or stay in cabins of Estes Park.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Hiking, camping, rock-climbing, and fishing make Rocky Mountain National Park an adventurer's playground.
- Best for Campgrounds Because: Rocky Mountain National Park, with its sweeping views, pristine hiking trails, and proximity to Estes Park, is the perfect camp setting.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Camping, hiking, rock-climbing and general thrill-seeking await in Rocky Mountain National Park; one of the most beautiful parks in the US.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Rocky Mountain National Park, located less than an hours drive from Boulder, is the perfect day trip and provides scenic driving, hiking, and camping.
- Best for Parks Because: Camping, fishing, hiking, and rock-climbing are just a few of the outdoor experience Rocky Mountain National Park has to offer.
- Best for Hiking Trails Because: Rocky Mountain National provides some of the most rugged and beautiful trails in our nation.