Cuisine: American, European, French
Price Range: $$$
Black Cat is the epitome of a Farm-to-Table restaurant, in fact, that's what this Boulder favorite is known for. Pulling fresh, seasonal, ingredients from their 130-acre farm paradise situated just... Read More
Black Cat is the epitome of a Farm-to-Table restaurant, in fact, that's what this Boulder favorite is known for. Pulling fresh, seasonal, ingredients from their 130-acre farm paradise situated just outside Boulder, Chef Eric Skokan and his wife, Jill, harvest their farm every day to bring from-the-vine delights. They also raise sheep, pigs, chickens, turkeys, and ducks. One of our favorites, the Beet Potato Napoleon features quinoa cereal crust, elderberry gastrique,house-made ricotta, and spinach. Want to splurge a little? Try their Colorado Beef Ribeye complete with orange scented oats, carrots, and crispy capers. Keep in mind that this Farm-to-Table gem prepares seasonal delights, so their menu is ever-changing, meaning you can always find something new and fresh.
- Pearl Street's Best Restaurants: "In addition to its local fare, Black Cat also offers an impressive wine list. Be sure to have a glass, or two."
- New and Popular Restaurants, Italian, Best Restaurants, Romantic Dining, Farm to Table, Downtown Boulder's Best Restaurants: "The Beet and Potato Napoleon is to-die-for- delicious."
- Restaurants with Healthy Menus: "The Spiced Carrot Cake is a perfect seasonal delight."
- Best for Pearl Street's Best Restaurants Because: Black Cat of Boulder offers inventive farm-to-table options. Not to mention, Chef Eric Skokan is always fine-tuning the menu for seasonal variety.
- Best for New and Popular Restaurants Because: Black Cat is known for its farm-to-table dishes boasting seasonal delights.
- Best for Italian Because: Black Cat is known for whipping up inventive Italian dishes in it's not-solely-Italian kitchen.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: The Black Cat offers farm-to-table options and is committed to using fresh, seasonal, produce and meats in all of their dishes.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Black Cat's farm-to-table menu and elegant atmosphere land it the top spot on our powerhouse list.
- Best for Farm to Table Because: Black Cat owns and harvests a 130 acre farm to bring you fresh ingredients daily.
- Best for Downtown Boulder's Best Restaurants Because: Frasca is the place where fine-dining meets affordability placing it high on our list.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: Touted as one of Boulder's very best, Black Cat offers farm-to-table options and healthy seasonal produce.