Also Featured In
Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse
Cuisine: American, Asian, Ethnic, European, Indian, Latin
Price Range: $$
This lovely restaurant was a gift from Boulder's sister city, Dushanbe, Tajikistan, which donated the building to the city in the late 1980's. The ornately decorated structure was imported and then... Read More
This lovely restaurant was a gift from Boulder's sister city, Dushanbe, Tajikistan, which donated the building to the city in the late 1980's. The ornately decorated structure was imported and then rebuilt by workers from Tajikistan. Offering a truly one-of-a-kind brunch, you'll find Indian samosas, German Bratwurst, and Korean Kalbi Short Ribs. For something a bit more traditional, you can try the salmon benedict, homemade oatmeal, or greek scramble. Appetizers include Persian grilled chicken strips marinated in yogurt and spices. Koresht Bademjan, which is Persian braised beef stew with eggplant, onions, tomatoes and spices served with orange currant couscous, and Persian tamarind shrimp are two of the featured main dishes.
- Outdoor Dining, Breakfast, Best Restaurants, Romantic Dining, Homestyle, Farm to Table, Downtown Boulder's Best Restaurants, Brunch, Group Friendly, Family Friendly: "You simply must indulge on the Indian samosas or salmon Benedict."
- Restaurants with Healthy Menus: "Stopping by the Teahouse on an early Saturday morning is a perfect way to start the day before visiting the Boulder County Farmer's Market on the very same street."
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: The Dushanbe Teahouse's patio sits alongside Boulder Creek and is simply enchanting with it's vined arbors.
- Best for Breakfast Because: Boulder's Dushanbe Teahouse is an elegant delight for the senses and perfect for an early breakfast or brunch. Light, fresh, and international delights await.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: The Dushanbe Teahouse offers international cuisine, an elegant atmosphere and is located in the heart of downtown Boulder.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: The Dushanbe Teahouse's unique decor and international cuisine rank it high on our list.
- Best for Homestyle Because: The Dushanbe Teahouse's unique atmosphere and international fare rank it high on our list.
- Best for Farm to Table Because: The famous Dushanbe Teahouse is one of seven restaurants in the area to use fresh produce from the Three Leaf Farm of Lafayette, Colorado.
- Best for Downtown Boulder's Best Restaurants Because: The food, service, and ambiance are some of the best in Boulder at the Dushanbe Teahouse.
- Best for Brunch Because: Known for its rich history, beautiful decor, and international fare, The Dushanbe Teahouse is more than just a restaurant. It's an entire dining experience.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: The Dushanbe Teahouse offers farm-to-table options and their unique spin on your international favorites. Not to mention, their tea is divine.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: The Dushanbe Teahouse boasts large tables for parties of 12 or more, an international atmosphere, and tea-times that are perfect for a birthday gathering.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: The Dushanbe Teahouse offers international cuisine options in an elegant environment that adults and children will love.