Denver Botanic Gardens
Just 10 minutes from downtown, Denver Botanic Gardens is a 24-acre oasis in the middle of the city with consistently spectacular exhibits. It's the place to learn about native plants and flowers as... Read More
Just 10 minutes from downtown, Denver Botanic Gardens is a 24-acre oasis in the middle of the city with consistently spectacular exhibits. It's the place to learn about native plants and flowers as well as sustainable practices for your own yard, but there are flowers and plants from across the world, too. It's rewarding just to meander along the paths on your own and be surprised at what you discover, but there are formal activities and exhibitions as well. Consider signing up for yoga on a weekday morning or perhaps Vinyasa, Violins & Vino for yoga with live music and a picnic on an early summer evening. The Gardens also offer Wildflower hikes in the foothills in summer, music performances and holiday events. Costs for scheduled activities vary, but yoga is extremely reasonable and the setting gorgeous.
- Mid-May - Sep: Thu-Tue 9am-8pm; Wed 9am-2pm
- Oct - Mid-May: Daily 9am-4pm
- Adult $12.50; Senior (65+) $9.50; Student $9; Military $9.50; Child (4-15) $9; Child (3 and under) Free
- Outdoor Activities: "Check the online schedule for unique programming and be aware that advanced online ticketing is required for entry and activities."
- Romantic Things to Do: "There are free entry days throughout the year."
- Best Attractions & Activities, Parks: "Free days are scheduled throughout the year, thanks to funding from the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District. Check the Botanic Gardens website to find which days are free."
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: The Denver Botanic Gardens cultivates community with events like outdoor yoga, but simply strolling among the plants and flowers is worth the visit.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: All gardens are romantic by nature, but Denver Botanic Gardens' Romantic Gardens are especially so.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Denver Botanic Gardens sites offer beauty and serenity in an urban metropolis but also music, education and the beloved holiday extravaganza Blossoms of Light.
- Best for Parks Because: In addition to its acres of flowers and plants on display, Denver Botanic Gardens provides learning, concerts, guided hikes and a wealth of worthy events.
Find the 10Best nearby: