Also Featured In
Denver Botanic Gardens
Denver Botanic Gardens on York Street is a 24-acre oasis just a few minutes from downtown. Any part of the gardens would be a fine destination for a romantic stroll, but Denver Botanic Gardens has... Read More
Denver Botanic Gardens on York Street is a 24-acre oasis just a few minutes from downtown. Any part of the gardens would be a fine destination for a romantic stroll, but Denver Botanic Gardens has three gardens that together are called the Romantic Gardens, making them especially appealing to couples. The Fragrance Garden, El Pomar Waterway and Schlessman Plaza, all within the Ornamental Gardens, provide idyllic settings for a wedding or vow renewal as well as pretty paths for sauntering hand-in-hand and benches where couples can sit, lost in each other and the profusion of color and fragrances around them. Lavender, lilies, narcissus, oregano, roses and clematis are among the plants and blooms that make these gardens so special.
- Mid-May - Sep: Daily 9am-8pm
- Oct - Mid-May: Daily 9am-5pm
- Adult $12.50; Senior (65+) $9.50; Student $9; Military $9.50; Child (4-15) $9; Child (3 and under) Free
- Romantic Things to Do: "There are free entry days throughout the year, including during the Winter Gift Market, the perfect place to buy your love something special."
- Parks: "Free days are scheduled throughout the year, thanks to funding from the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District. Check the Botanic Gardens website to find which days are free."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: All gardens are romantic by nature, but Denver Botanic Gardens' Romantic Gardens are especially so.
- Best for Parks Because: In addition to its acres of flowers and plants on display, Denver Botanic Gardens provides learning, concerts, guided hikes and a wealth of worthy events.