Denver Botanic Gardens
Denver Botanic Gardens includes two facilities. The main gardens are on York Street, 24 acres on the east side of Denver's Cheesman Park, just 10 minutes from downtown. Chatfield Farms is south of the... Read More
Denver Botanic Gardens includes two facilities. The main gardens are on York Street, 24 acres on the east side of Denver's Cheesman Park, just 10 minutes from downtown. Chatfield Farms is south of the city in Littleton. The York Street facilities showcases several kinds of gardens including Gardens of the West, Internationally Inspired Gardens (Japan, South Africa and the tropics supply some of the inspiration), Ornamental Gardens, Shady Gardens and Water Gardens. Mordecai Children's Garden is a place for families with young children to learn about plants and nature through hands-on experiences and play. Also interactive is the Science Pyramid. A variety of tours are available at the Gardens, and the summer concert series and seasonal plant sales are Denver traditions. In summer, the Botanic Gardens also offers guided wildflower hikes on a moderately difficult trail on Mount Goliath, a mountain peak section of Mount Evans.
Hours:Due to COVID-19, please check with the attraction for the most recent updates to their opening hours.
- Adult $12.50; Senior (65+) $9.50; Student $9; Military $9.50; Child (4-15) $9; Child (3 and under) Free
- Best Attractions & Activities, Parks: "Free days are scheduled throughout the year, thanks to funding from the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District. Check the Botanic Gardens website to find which days are free."
- Romantic Things to Do: "There are free entry days throughout the year, including during November's Winter Gift Market, the perfect place to buy your love something special."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Denver Botanic Gardens sites offer beauty and serenity in an urban metropolis but also music, education and the beloved holiday extravaganza Blossoms of Light.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: All gardens are romantic by nature, but Denver Botanic Gardens' Romantic Gardens are especially so.
- Best for Parks Because: In addition to its acres of flowers and plants on display, Denver Botanic Gardens provides learning, concerts, guided hikes and a wealth of worthy events.