City Park spreads across 3,144 acres and is home to two of Denver's top attractions, Denver Zoo and Denver Museum of Nature & Science, making it a two-for one sightseeing stop. It's a destination... Read More
City Park spreads across 3,144 acres and is home to two of Denver's top attractions, Denver Zoo and Denver Museum of Nature & Science, making it a two-for one sightseeing stop. It's a destination for urban sightseeing on its own merits, whether you want to visit the zoo or museum or simply pedal or walk around and mingle with locals. You can also indulge in one of City Park's other activities, such as kayaking or being captain of a paddle boat on Ferril Lake, available March-October, weather permitting. City Park also has playgrounds, tennis courts, horseshoes and historical monuments and statues to check out. While the Denver Museum of Nature & Science is most notable for stellar exhibits and family programs, it also has a fantastic deck where sightseers can get an Instagram-worthy photo of the Denver skyline rising over the grass and trees.
2001 Colorado Blvd.
Denver, CO 80205
- Sightseeing: "Pack a picnic and enjoy the park's picnic areas, or get your daily steps in while taking in local sights."
- Romantic Things to Do: "City Park is home to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science with its fabulous planetarium, giving lovers a place to sit under the stars in any weather."
- Parks: "For panoramic views of the Denver skyline rising over City Park's lawns and trees, head to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science and find several photo-op locations."
- Best for Sightseeing Because: City Park is a place to cycle, sightsee, relax and play, and it's home to two of the city's top attractions.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: City Park is one of the fine spots in the city for a couple to rent a pedal boat and have some fun.
- Best for Parks Because: City Park's acres of parkland are complemented by two of the city's prime attractions: The Denver Zoo and Museum of Nature & Science.