Also Featured In
Cuisine: South American
On a busy corner of South Broadway, Maria Empanada is an oasis of deliciousness and charm, and you're likely to see every sort of patron, from business types to families. Empanadas come from the ovens... Read More
On a busy corner of South Broadway, Maria Empanada is an oasis of deliciousness and charm, and you're likely to see every sort of patron, from business types to families. Empanadas come from the ovens morning to night, both sweet and savory. The menu also includes veggie-filled "tartas" made from an old family recipe, as well as Spanish tortillas made with organic eggs. There's a limited selection of wine and beer to pair with these Argentine delights. Nothing fancy here–the empanadas come in a basket that you take to the table yourself. Choose from chimichurri, asado grill, green onion sour cream or sweet chili mayo salsas, all perfect to accompany your empanadas. Expect a warm atmosphere and friendly service.
- Lunch: "In the mornings, go for excellent coffee and sweet pastries."
- Best Value: "Need an espresso? You can get an excellent cup here, in addition to a choice of beer or wine."
- Best Restaurants: "Each type of empanada is made in a different shape; you'll find the chart at each table in case you forget which is which."
- Best for Lunch Because: Maria's focuses on one thing, empanadas, and does so with artistry and perfection.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Maria Empanadas offers true value, serving up superb empanadas and tortes in a nice atmosphere at a great price.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Not every great restaurant is upscale and pricey. Maria Empanada offers excellent food and service in a low-key atmosphere at a very affordable price.