Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park
Type: Family Friendly, Theme Parks
With rides named Mind Eraser and Brain Drain, it's clear that Elitch Gardens is a thrill-seeker's paradise and, not surprising, a perennial teen favorite. But there's a little something for everyone... Read More
With rides named Mind Eraser and Brain Drain, it's clear that Elitch Gardens is a thrill-seeker's paradise and, not surprising, a perennial teen favorite. But there's a little something for everyone at this park that first opened in 1890. Twister II, the popular 10-story wooden coaster, perfectly evokes the park's old-school/new-thrill vibe. A portion of the grounds are also devoted to a summer water park, which features about a dozen attractions including high-speed slides and drops, lagoons and wave pools. Parking on the grounds is pricey; consider visiting via the RTD bus or Light Rail, which stop just outside the park. Do note that height requirements are enforced on rides, so check the park's website before going.
- Hours May Vary Seasonally
- Adult $34.99; Child $24.99; Child (3 and under) Free;
Parking $12 - $25
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Afternoon thunderstorms are common. The park will shut down if there's a chance of lightning,so check the weather or go mornings or evenings when storms are less likely. Height requirements are enforced on rides so check the park's website before going."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Multiple generations of Denver families have grown up going to Elitch Gardens; while it's historic, it's also well up to today's adrenaline-rush standards.
- Outdoor Activities: "Don't miss the breathtaking views of Denver atop the 20-story Observation Tower or while plummeting 200 feet on the Tower of Doom."
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Elitch Garden's, now open for 125 years, is one of the most recognized attractions in Denver with rides to meet everyone's adrenaline needs.