Denver Union Station
Type: Historic Sites
Denver Union Station has it all. It's a transportation hub for the city's light rail and bus systems, an Amtrak station taking travelers west to California and east to Chicago, home to multiple food... Read More
Denver Union Station has it all. It's a transportation hub for the city's light rail and bus systems, an Amtrak station taking travelers west to California and east to Chicago, home to multiple food and beverage options and to a stellar hotel. Almost any time of day or night you'll find people sitting at wooden tables or in the station's cozy seating areas working away on their various devices, holding business meetings or simply gathering with friends. That's because Union Station offers free Wi-Fi all the time. From spring to fall, kids of all ages can be found splashing in the nearly block-long fountain in front of the station, one of the city's happiest free attractions for families (and a few dogs, too). Like the Wi-Fi, the fountain, blue sky, sun and laughter are all complimentary so go ahead, indulge.
- Free Things to Do: "If you get tired of working on your iPad or mobile device, duck into one of the stellar restaurants in Union Station for a bite and a beverage, especially at happy hour."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Check out the huge chandeliers and wall sconces. Which ones are original to the building? The wall sconces, but the new chandeliers were made to fit in seamlessly, reflecting the historic detailing of the sconces."
- Sightseeing: "See the beginning of Union Station's transformation in a photo by Giff Ewing. The image of the Great Hall with a maze of scaffolding hangs near The Crawford Hotel front desk."
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: In addition to being a transportation hub, Union Station is a place to work and play thanks to free Wi-Fi and a free fountain.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Union Station is the centerpiece of Denver's LoDo neighborhood, and not just a transportation center but a gathering place for food, drink and camaraderie.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Union Station is a must-see, a magnificent historic building filled with engaging art, shops, restaurants, bars and cozy places to gather.