Also Featured In
Ocean Prime - Denver
Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
Price Range: $$$
As the name suggests, Ocean Prime, on Larimer Square, specializes in seafood and steaks and does both very well. Although it's a chain, it delivers an experience that doesn't feel like a chain. There... Read More
As the name suggests, Ocean Prime, on Larimer Square, specializes in seafood and steaks and does both very well. Although it's a chain, it delivers an experience that doesn't feel like a chain. There are multiple steaks to choose from in terms of cuts and sizes, including four choices of filet mignon, one a 12-oz. bone-in option. The list of sides to accompany them is extensive, from parmesan truffle fries to lobster mashed potatoes and, of course, mac & cheese. Equally impressive are the seafood options, though if trying to impress your dinner date is a goal, the custom-built smoking shellfish tower on the raw menu should do the job. There are, of course, bottles to choose from, but there's also an entire page of wines by the glass. One perfect way to finish your meal is with a glass of tawny port, found on the dessert menu.
- Steakhouses: "Ocean Prime offers an entire gluten-free menu at both lunch and dinner."
- Romantic Dining: "Ocean Prime has valet service but couples can also hail one of the bicycle taxis along Larimer Street for a more romantic ride through downtown."
- Group Friendly: "If someone in your group is gluten-intolerant, ask for the gluten-free menu."
- Best for Steakhouses Because: Seafood and steak have always been a good match and the Ocean Prime menu reflects that, with plenty on offer from land and sea.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Ocean Prime is a good choice for a celebratory splurge, not just on Valentine's Day but any day of the year.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Few restaurants in Denver offer such expansive private dining space in multiple configurations.