Type: Art Galleries, Boutique, Childrens Clothing, Chocolatier, Clothing Stores, Food / Gourmet Stores, Furniture / Home Decor, Jewelry Stores, Men's Clothing, Shoes and Accessories, Shopping Districts, Specialty Shops
Larimer Square was integral to the earliest residents of Denver, many of whom were on the rough-and-tumble side and more interested in shooting than shopping. Today, a more genteel clientele strolls... Read More
Larimer Square was integral to the earliest residents of Denver, many of whom were on the rough-and-tumble side and more interested in shooting than shopping. Today, a more genteel clientele strolls along this historic block of Larimer Street to visit its retail shops, many independently owned. Most of the stores typically offer some Colorado-made products. Check out Mammut for outdoor clothing and gear or channel your vintage muse at Garage Sale Vintage. Element is the place to find sophisticated artwork, lighting, tableware and funky pieces from across the globe to add an earthy, eclectic vibe to your home décor. There are also jewelry and clothing stores, shoe and hat shops and, because this is Colorado, there's Dog Savvy, a "doggie boutique and spa," just the place to book grooming and pick up a stylish new outfit or accessory for your four-footed friend.
- Best Shopping: "Larimer has multiple excellent restaurants and cocktail lounges so you can make a whole day of it, even after shopping."
- Shopping Malls and Centers: "Check out the exquisite glassware at Cry Baby Ranch, from shot glasses and champagne flutes to fruit bowls, which can be laser-etched with any personalized message, logo or monogram. Prices range from about $18 to $400, with etching at no extra cost."
- Christmas Shopping: "Procrastinators, rejoice. There's free parking at Larimer Square on December 24th."
- Recommended as Best Shopping Because: Larimer offers an eclectic group of shops and restaurants in a historic neighborhood that are among the best in Denver.
- Best for Shopping Malls and Centers Because: It's unique to Denver, steeped in the city's history and meticulously preserved, but offering the best in contemporary shopping and dining.
- Best for Christmas Shopping Because: Historic Larimer Square is decked out in cheerful lights and its eclectic stores offer gift choices for young and old.
Find the 10Best nearby: