Type: Art Galleries, Boutique, Childrens Clothing, Chocolatier, Clothing Stores, Food / Gourmet Stores, Furniture / Home Decor, Jewelry Stores, Men's Clothing, Shoes and Accessories, Shopping Districts, Specialty Shops
Larimer Square is a compact district that has long attracted in-the-know shoppers. It's one of the city's most historic neighborhoods, with gas-lit lamps still lining the cobblestone street. Shoppers... Read More
Larimer Square is a compact district that has long attracted in-the-know shoppers. It's one of the city's most historic neighborhoods, with gas-lit lamps still lining the cobblestone street. Shoppers here will find exclusive labels for women and men, handcrafted items including shoes and boots, home decor, art, custom and estate jewelry and so much more–all happily walkable from most of downtown. Among its 23 shops and services are a multitude of independent retailers including Cry Baby Ranch, Scarpaletto, Eve, Element and Hailee Grace. Larimer Square is also home to 20 restaurants and nightspots as well as salons, spas and Al's Barber Shop. Annual don't-miss events include an annual sidewalk sale and multiple "Dining al Fresco" evenings. In 2015, Larimer Square celebrated 50 years of historic preservation.
- Shopping Malls and Centers: "Check out the exquisite glassware at Cry Baby Ranch, from shot glasses and champagne flutes to fruit bowls, which can be laser-etched with any personalized message, logo or monogram. Prices range from about $18 to $400, with etching at no extra cost."
- Christmas Shopping: "Procrastinators, rejoice. There's free parking at Larimer Square on December 24th."
- Best Shopping: "Some Larimer retailers, including Scarpaletto and Eve, a fine shoe shop and chic women's boutique respectively, will deliver to visitors' hotel rooms--no need to lug all the purchases around."
- Best for Shopping Malls and Centers Because: It's unique to Denver, steeped in the city's history and meticulously preserved, but offering the best in contemporary shopping and dining.
- Best for Christmas Shopping Because: Historic Larimer Square is decked out in cheerful lights and its eclectic stores offer gift choices for young and old.
- Recommended as Best Shopping Because: Larimer offers an eclectic group of shops and restaurants in a historic neighborhood that are among the best in Denver.