Explore Costa Rica
Also Featured In
Those with a hankering for high-quality meat should look no further than Doris Metropolitan, a stand-out, and stand alone- restaurant in San Jose, Costa Rica- although there is now a Doris... Read More
Those with a hankering for high-quality meat should look no further than Doris Metropolitan, a stand-out, and stand alone- restaurant in San Jose, Costa Rica- although there is now a Doris Metropolitan stateside, too. Embracing the locally-grown movement wholeheartedly, Doris Metropolitan partners with a cattle farm in southern Costa Rica to specially raise cows that are fed not only grass but pineapple, which yields a uniquely marbled texture and distinct flavor; both of which tend to be lacking in much of Costa Rica's beef. Specialties include meat cured all-naturally in a process known as French Dry Aged and Chateaubriand Tenderloin.
- San José's Best Restaurants: "Let a pineapple farm be the origin of your last steak before going vegan."
- Group Friendly: "Don't miss the bread; the sour dough comes from a secret recipe that takes thirteen months to cure."
- Homestyle, Italian, Fine Dining, Farm to Table, Best Restaurants: "Don't skimp on the bread here; it's all homebaked and the sour dough comes from a secret recipe that takes thirteen months to cure."
- Best for San José's Best Restaurants Because: That homemade sour dough bread recipe that takes thirteen months to cure.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: A large dining room and high volume kitchen easily handles groups large and small.
- Best for Homestyle Because: A dining room with a long wall of comfortable booth seating and big tables is ideal for family gatherings.
- Best for Italian Because: The extensive wine selection make this restaurant a favorite among Italians, who appreciate the special meat curing process.
- Best for Fine Dining Because: Beef on the menu also enjoyed a life of fine dining on grass and pineapples before meeting their fate on the plate.
- Best for Farm to Table Because: The special beef here is raised on a farm of organic pineapple before being served.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: The humanely raised cows raised to be served here graze on organic pineapples first.