Explore Costa Rica
Also Featured In
Cuisine: Latin, Regional
With a name like Chimera, one might expect an a diverse selection of food, and this Santa Elena restaurant delivers. Every plate is a creative fusion of flavors, many of which are Latin, all of which... Read More
With a name like Chimera, one might expect an a diverse selection of food, and this Santa Elena restaurant delivers. Every plate is a creative fusion of flavors, many of which are Latin, all of which are wrought from the bounty of local ingredients that only the little enclave of Santa Elena, near the Monteverde Cloudforest, can offer. Tapas are the perfect solution for hungry travelers, and Chimera has a way with them. Perfect for sharing among a group of friends and especially for a romantic tasting dinner, each dish is an inspired fusion. The gazpacho appetizer, coconut shrimp, and ginger margarita are highly recommended.
- Restaurants with Healthy Menus, Group Friendly, Vegetarian, Family Friendly, Homestyle, Seafood, Fine Dining, Local Flavor, Farm to Table, Best Restaurants: "In Greek Mythology, a Chimera is a fire-breathing female creature of Lycia in Asia Minor, comprised of sections of three different animals: a lion, a serpent and a goat."
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: Farmer's market fresh produce is the main attraction among the tapas here.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Small plates and tapas are group friendly and fun to share.
- Best for Vegetarian Because: Pastas and pizzas topped with greens make appetizing options for veggies.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: Lots of little plates are great for sharing among family and friends.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Tapas created from local ingredients are perfect for sharing family style.
- Best for Seafood Because: Some say the coconut shrimp served here is heavenly.
- Best for Fine Dining Because: Casual fine dining comes to life in Chimera's tasty tapas.
- Best for Local Flavor Because: With a signature minimalist style that lets the true flavor of each ingredient show through, the chef at Chimera works magic in her mountain-top kitchen.
- Best for Farm to Table Because: Latin tapas of locally grown ingredients fill the farm fresh bill.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Tasting plates and tapas offer diners a taste of the true ingredients Santa Elena has to offer.