Explore Costa Rica
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Sophia LaMonica
Sobre las Olas
Cuisine: European, Italian, Seafood
Price Range: $$
on the beach road just north of Cahuita center
- Romantic Dining, Beach Restaurants, Outdoor Dining, Best Restaurants: "Grab a table outside and enjoy the view."
- Italian: "Slow down and enjoy slurping mussels while sitting over the waves."
- Seafood: "Snag a table outside and enjoy the view."
- Lunch: "Dine before sunset and opt for a table on the sand outside."
- Local Flavor: "Just when you think this place couldn't be much further along the coastal road as it heads north from Cahuita, there it is. Grab a table outside and enjoy the view."
- Farm to Table: "Score a table outside in the sand and enjoy the view."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: If you score a seaside table at sunset, the rest of the evening will come naturally.
- Best for Beach Restaurants Because: The precious few tables outside on the sand enjoy an unbeatable view of Playa Blanca.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: The tables in the sand are the most coveted spots at Sobre las Olas.
- Best for Italian Because: Italy meets Costa Rica in this cozy restaurant in Cahuita.
- Best for Seafood Because: Succulent ceviche and magnificent mussels are among the reasons.
- Best for Lunch Because: A waterfront view of the Caribbean and delicious mussels make for a memorable meal.
- Best for Local Flavor Because: The flavors here reflect the Costa Rican Italian union of the husband and wife team behind this romantic local favorite.
- Best for Farm to Table Because: Fresh seafood is sourced steps away from the tables on the sand.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Tasting the seaside ceviche as the sun goes down at Sobre Las Olas is a uniquely Cahuita experience.