Explore Costa Rica
Photo courtesy of Dave McCracken
Photo courtesy of Sophia LaMonica
Type: Parks, Theme Parks
InBio Park is Costa Rica's national institute for biodiversity and conservation, and it includes a theme park for all ages to introduce Costa Rica and all its natural wonders to the public. It... Read More
InBio Park is Costa Rica's national institute for biodiversity and conservation, and it includes a theme park for all ages to introduce Costa Rica and all its natural wonders to the public. It collaborates with government agencies, universities, and other public and private entities inside and outside of the country to provide the most cutting edge technologies and advanced science, and the result is a comprehensive park that leaves few, if any, stones unturned. A collection of more than three million insects, an expansive mushroom exhibit, a Climate Change expose, and a Sustainable Trail are only some of the attractions in store at InBio Park.
- Sightseeing, Things to Do with Kids, Best Attractions & Activities: "This park is open Friday, Saturday and Sunday only, and the last admission is at 3pm, unless you book a night tour in advance. Reservations for InBio Park guided tours can be made from most major hotels in San Jose, and include transportation."
- Museums: "Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday only, and the last admission is at 3pm."
- Best for Sightseeing Because: Nature meets technology at this educational and kid-friendly spot to check out a collection of insects that numbers more than 3 million.
- Best for Museums Because: With more exhibits than many museums, this park showcases Costa Rica's natural attractions.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: Learning about Costa Rica is fun for all ages at this interactive natural theme park.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Family-friendly exhibits at this natural theme park lay the groundwork for a great vacation.