Explore Costa Rica
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Sophia LaMonica
Caribeans Chocolate Forest Experience
Type: Food & Wine, Tours and Excursions, Uniquely Here
Chocolate lovers, nature enthusiasts, and those looking to learn more about Costa Rica's rich history of cacao should indulge in the Chocolate Forest Experience, an in-depth exploration of chocolate... Read More
Chocolate lovers, nature enthusiasts, and those looking to learn more about Costa Rica's rich history of cacao should indulge in the Chocolate Forest Experience, an in-depth exploration of chocolate from tree to bean to bar. The experience begins with a guided tour through varied areas of cacao, from the jungle to the forest and managed cacao restoration zones. Following the tour, there's a professional chocolate tasting with organic wine. The Chocolate Forest Experience costs $26 per person and includes all the chocolate you can eat. Monday tours are at 10 am, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10 am & 2 pm, Fridays and Saturdays at 2 pm.
- Outdoor Activities: "Don't wear flip flops or sandals, sneakers or boots are suggested."
- Romantic Things to Do, Tours and Excursions, Best Attractions & Activities: "Don't skip the "chocolate creation lab" where 1800th century style premium organic chocolate is being made. Take the 3:00 pm tour and take in an unforgettable sunset from atop the chocolate forest."
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: It's an entertaining exploration of chocolate from tree to bean to bar.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Watching the sunset over the Caribbean while sampling chocolate and tasting wine is one romantic way to go.
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: Sunset from the top of the cacao forest is a sight to behold indeed.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Spoiler alert: Hershey's may never do the trick again once you've tasted the real thing here.