Explore Costa Rica
Also Featured In
The Caribbean's most precious beach could just be Punta Uva, or Grape Point. There are two sides to this beach, North and South, divided by a steep green cliff. On the south side lies a long sweeping... Read More
The Caribbean's most precious beach could just be Punta Uva, or Grape Point. There are two sides to this beach, North and South, divided by a steep green cliff. On the south side lies a long sweeping stretch of white sand, dappled with coconut palms and a sloping shoreline lapping with gentle waves. One the north side is a smaller beach, protected on both sides, with gentle surf good for learners and conditions that tend to be ideal for snorkeling. Kayaks may be rented on the sand here, and the Punta Uva dive shop offers scuba tours and PADI certification.
- Outdoor Activities, Romantic Things to Do: "A highlight of Punta Uva is the point iteself, which has a trail leading from the shore up and over- it's a nice climb and offers an excellent view of the coast in both directions, but don't attempt it on a wet day."
- Beaches: "Climb the cliff between Punta Uva's beaches for a glimpse of the blue grotto."
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Kayak, surf, snorkel, swim, sunbathe stroll, hike, fish...there isn't much you can't do outdoors at Punta Uva Beach.
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: This beautiful beach boasts a blue grotto between its two sides.
- Best for Beaches Because: Punta Uva is one of Costa Rica's most precious beaches.