Explore Costa Rica
Also Featured In
Just when Puerto Viejo was in need of a little more night music, Bar Maritza has stepped up to the plate with a remodeled interior and a shiny new facade, bringing life after dark to the otherwise... Read More
Just when Puerto Viejo was in need of a little more night music, Bar Maritza has stepped up to the plate with a remodeled interior and a shiny new facade, bringing life after dark to the otherwise quiet stretch of beachfront it occupies. Maritza is attached to the front of a hotel of the same name, and encompasses a long wooden bar, a dance floor, and several cocktail tables. The theme is black and white, and it works nicely with the rainbow of disco lights that make this one of the best places to get your groove on in Puerto Viejo.
- Recommended as Best Nightlife Because: Being on the small side doesn't keep this hot spot from drawing a crowd with music and dancing that spills out front.
- Best for Live Music Because: Incredibly talented bands perform for a dancing crowd at this small yet acoustically sound beachfront bar.
- Best for Beach Bars Because: Bar Maritza is one of Puerto Viejo's original bars with benches on the shoreline.
- Best for Brew Pubs Because: Beers somehow taste better at this spot on the beachfront strip.
- Best for Puerto Viejo de Limon's Best Nightlife Because: The little dance floor is a fun place to cut loose.
- Best for Bars Because: Dance and drink with locals at this classic beachfront bar.
- Best for Dance Clubs Because: One of Puerto Viejo's original bars still draws some fancy footwork to its cozy dance floor.