Explore Costa Rica
Cuisine: European, Italian
Amimodo is an old-school yet new-school family style and family friendly Italian restaurant on the main road in Puerto Viejo. A nondescript, single story cafe style that's invitingly and casual from... Read More
Amimodo is an old-school yet new-school family style and family friendly Italian restaurant on the main road in Puerto Viejo. A nondescript, single story cafe style that's invitingly and casual from the street side and the beach side, Amimodo doesn't need to toot it's own horn; those in the know have been coming here for excellent authentic Italian dishes and special occasions since the doors opened nearly twenty years ago. The seating spills out from inside to out, and there is a little bar inside for pizza and cocktails. Some nights a live band plays spirited Caribbean music, but mostly it is a mellow vibe.
50 meters south of Salsa Brava, Beachfront
- Group Friendly, Family Friendly, Late Night, Beach Restaurants, Homestyle, Outdoor Dining, Take Out, Puerto Viejo de Limon's Best Restaurants, Italian, Farm to Table: "Happy Hour is on most days, with inexpensive tapas and "drinks of the day" specials, like a Pipa Loca, fresh green coconut spiked with rum and garnished with an exotic flower."
- Romantic Dining: "Try the Happy Hour "drink of the day" like a Pipa Loca, fresh green coconut spiked with rum and garnished with an exotic flower."
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Small groups can settle in and relax with bottles of wine while pizzas and pastas are cooked to order.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: Long wooden tables are great for family reunions and special occasion celebrations.
- Best for Late Night Because: A pizza from Amimodo makes for a great midnight meal.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Amimodo's pizza is the best for sharing- at a candlelit table in the sand, or taken to-go and eaten in private.
- Best for Beach Restaurants Because: Amimodo is an open air restaurant with half of its tables in the sand.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Long wooden tables with bench seating make for intimate meals.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: The ocean breeze complements the fresh cuisine and tropical cocktails.
- Best for Take Out Because: Call ahead and order a take-out pizza, perfect for a rainy night at the hotel.
- Best for Puerto Viejo de Limon's Best Restaurants Because: Excellent food on the water's edge with a casual and romantic atmosphere, Amimodo is Puerto Viejo's longest standing Italian restaurant.
- Best for Italian Because: Wonderful pizzas made to order make for great take away, and the Italian family in the kitchen makes everything taste great.
- Best for Farm to Table Because: Enjoy all the pizza and pasta you can here, it's all made to order with farm fresh toppings.