Explore Costa Rica
Also Featured In
If you're into good food, go to Bread & Chocolate, for breakfast, brunch or lunch. There's a big chalkboard with the menu on it so your appetite is piqued while your cozy wood table is set, by a... Read More
If you're into good food, go to Bread & Chocolate, for breakfast, brunch or lunch. There's a big chalkboard with the menu on it so your appetite is piqued while your cozy wood table is set, by a talented server who somehow navigates the tables on this cozy wooden deck. Coffee is served in individual French presses, and everything is made fresh right there in the busy kitchen that makes much more than its name suggests. Bread and Chocolate is open from 6:30am to 6:30pm Tuesday through Saturday, and 6:30 to 2:30 on Sundays (closed Mondays). Bread and Chocolate accepts cash only.
Puerto Viejo center
Puerto Viejo de Limon,
- Breakfast: "Take some fresh baked goodies to go for snacking on later in the day."
- Restaurants with Healthy Menus, Family Friendly, Take Out, Puerto Viejo de Limon's Best Restaurants, Local Flavor, Farm to Table: "Celebrating a birthday in PV? Bread and Chocolate now makes custom cakes for special occasions, and they are beautiful!"
- Best Value: "Bread and Chocolate makes colorful custom cakes for special occasions."
- Romantic Dining: "Bread and Chocolate now makes custom cakes for special occasions."
- Lunch: "Bread and Chocolate can custom make beautiful cakes for special occasions."
- Best for Breakfast Because: Rain or shine, the breakfast and coffee at Bread & Chocolate will make your day happy.
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: Wholesome sandwiches on homemade bread are among the many healthy options.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: Sweet chocolate treats after breakfast make this an extra special place.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Handmade truffles and steaming French Presses please foodies with a sweet tooth for a deal.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Chocolate truffles made with local cacao are undeniably aphrodisiacal.
- Best for Take Out Because: Stock up on homemade snacks for the rest of the day: bagels, brownies, bread and of, course, chocolate.
- Best for Puerto Viejo de Limon's Best Restaurants Because: Bread and Chocolate is one of those places that makes you feel right at home, but with better coffee and pastries.
- Best for Lunch Because: Homemade bread and sweet chocolate treats crafted from local cacao enhance this already top-notch lunch spot.
- Best for Local Flavor Because: Truffles and cakes made with locally grown cacao are a real treat.
- Best for Farm to Table Because: Local cacao is a signature ingredient here, and its featured in truffles, cakes, cookies and muffins.