Explore Costa Rica
Also Featured In
At the center of Puerto Viejo a large hand painted sign points the way to "The Best Damn Coffee in Town," and if you follow the sign to the otherwise incognito spot behind the main road you will not... Read More
At the center of Puerto Viejo a large hand painted sign points the way to "The Best Damn Coffee in Town," and if you follow the sign to the otherwise incognito spot behind the main road you will not be disappointed- but it's not just excellent coffee on tap here- Cafe Rico also serves some of the best breakfasts around and offers a mighty fine lunch selection, too- all served in a shady, open-air space surrounded by lush vegetation (look for sloths and exotic birds in the trees) and the town's best used book selection. The service is friendly and you're more than welcome to while away the morning into afternoon, or perhaps rent a bike, snorkel equipment, or even do your laundry here (which gets you a free cup of damn good joe).
center of Puerto Viejo
Puerto Viejo de Limon,
- Breakfast: "Cafe Rico has the best coffee in town, hands down."
- Best Value: "Find the best selection of used books lining the shelves of the cafe."
- Puerto Viejo de Limon's Best Restaurants, Local Flavor, Farm to Table: "Cafe Rico is one of the only places in town that serves Cafe Britt, one of Costa Rica's best coffees."
- Best for Breakfast Because: Excellent, healthy breakfasts are complemented by exceptional cappucinos and lattes.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Here is one of the few places in town that serves Cafe Britt.
- Best for Puerto Viejo de Limon's Best Restaurants Because: Enjoy excellent coffee, breakfast and lunch, and mingle with the locals while you do your laundry here.
- Best for Local Flavor Because: Puerto Viejo's best coffee is served in the hidden recess of Cafe Rico.
- Best for Farm to Table Because: Farm fresh ingredients find their way into each dish at Cafe Rico.