Explore Costa Rica
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Sophia LaMonica
Cuisine: European, Italian
Although it's a fine Italian restaurant first and foremost, with experienced chefs in the kitchen that turn out exceptional dishes based on authentic Italian recipes that come to life with Costa... Read More
Although it's a fine Italian restaurant first and foremost, with experienced chefs in the kitchen that turn out exceptional dishes based on authentic Italian recipes that come to life with Costa Rica's bounty of fresh ingredients, Cafe Viejo is also a great place to enjoy a cocktail at the bar, and on special nights, dance to the beats of talented DJs who frequently hold later night events at the restaurant. Slightly more sophisticated than its beachfront counterparts, the bar at Cafe Viejo wraps around and spills almost on to the street, and it couldn't be more centrally located on the main road near the middle of town.
Main Street Puerto Viejo
- Group Friendly, Late Night: "On some weekends the restaurant becomes a DJ spinning dance party after the dinner dishes have been cleared."
- Puerto Viejo de Limon's Best Restaurants: "Closed for breakfast and lunch, Cafe Viejo opens for dinner at 6pm."
- Italian: "Leave your gluten-free at the eternally open door and enjoy some authentic Italian cuisine."
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Heavy wooden tables can be pushed together to accommodate a bigger group, so long as a reservation's made in advance.
- Best for Late Night Because: Open til 1am every night (except Tuesdays) Cafe Viejo is the open the latest of them all.
- Best for Puerto Viejo de Limon's Best Restaurants Because: The Italian touch is evident the moment you set foot into Cafe Viejo.
- Best for Italian Because: It's a cool Italian run restaurant along the main street of Puerto Viejo that offers romantic sit-down dinners and casual cocktails.