Explore Costa Rica
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Sophia LaMonica
Candlelit tables twinkle from the sand, beckoning pedestrians from the side of the road De Paso is nestled between the trees and the water's edge. Named for the path that connects the road to the... Read More
Candlelit tables twinkle from the sand, beckoning pedestrians from the side of the road De Paso is nestled between the trees and the water's edge. Named for the path that connects the road to the jungle path and the beach, this little restaurant serves up some excellent, and inexpensive, plates from afternoon til night. Fish tacos are one of many specialties, including pizzas, pastas, and a seafood dish of the day, and there are always two-for-one drinks on happy hour special. This is a beach casual place, flip flops and shirts are optional, a pura vida vibe is the only requisite for dining here.
Calle Prinicipal, Puerto Viejo
Puerto Viejo de Limon,
- Best for Late Night Because: The cozy vibe makes it nice to settle into a table here long after the sun has set.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Sip two-for one cocktails with your toes in the sand while watching the sunset.
- Best for Beach Restaurants Because: All the tables are set in the sand overlooking the water's edge.
- Best for Take Out Because: Inexpensive pizzas, sandwiches and fries make great take-sway plates.
- Best for Italian Because: Spaghetti dishes and pizzas give this casual place its Italian flavor.