Explore Costa Rica
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Sophia LaMonica
La Pecora Nera
Cuisine: European, Italian
3km south of Puerto Viejo in Cocles
Puerto Viejo, 70403
- Restaurants with Healthy Menus, Romantic Dining, Outdoor Dining, Take Out, Italian, Seafood, Fine Dining, Local Flavor, Farm to Table, Best Restaurants: "The bruschetta mixta is a perfect appetizer for two, delicate toasts topped with a variety of Italian ingredients like roasted eggplant and proscuitto crudo."
- Puerto Viejo de Limon's Best Restaurants: "Pace yourself so you can enjoy all courses including dessert."
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: Farm fresh ingredients become healthy Italian dishes at the hands of the inspired chef here.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: The epitome of romance is this little Italian restaurant nestled in the rainforest.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: The open air seating surrounded by the jungle is as romantic as it gets.
- Best for Take Out Because: Make it an indoor date night with a pizza to-go from this top notch PV restaurant.
- Best for Puerto Viejo de Limon's Best Restaurants Because: La Pecora Nera is an oasis of delicious Italian cuisine nestled within the rainforest.
- Best for Italian Because: A hidden gem well worth tracking down, La Pecora Nera serves the best Italian cuisine outside of Italy, some dare say.
- Best for Seafood Because: Fish caught fresh by the chef's fisherman friends make for special dishes not to be missed.
- Best for Fine Dining Because: Fine dining on fresh Italian cuisine in the rainforest is a decadent experience.
- Best for Local Flavor Because: The flavor of Caribbean's freshest ingredients shines through in the masterfully created Italian dishes here.
- Best for Farm to Table Because: Many ingredients in these tasty Italian dishes are grown in the chef's own garden.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Exquisitely crafted Italian cuisine served in a romantic rainforest atmosphere makes for a unique dining experience.