Explore Costa Rica
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Sophia LaMonica
La Pecora Nera
Cuisine: European, Italian
If delicious authentic Italian cuisine served in a delightful open-air restaurant well off-the beaten track on Costa Rica's Caribbean coast sounds like your cup of tea, look no further than La Pecora... Read More
If delicious authentic Italian cuisine served in a delightful open-air restaurant well off-the beaten track on Costa Rica's Caribbean coast sounds like your cup of tea, look no further than La Pecora Nera. The Italian chef Ilario is as charismatic as he is talented in the kitchen, and his recommendations of daily specials are always spot on, but you can't go wrong with anything on the simple yet well-rounded menu. It's romantic yet family-friendly, unpretentious yet undeniably special, and easily one of the top 10 best restaurants in Costa Rica. Located in the tiny beach community of Cocles, La Pecora Nera is only open for dinner.
3km south of Puerto Viejo in Cocles
Puerto Viejo, 70403
- Restaurants with Healthy Menus, Romantic Dining, Outdoor Dining, Take Out, Italian, Seafood, Fine Dining, Local Flavor, Farm to Table, Best Restaurants: "The bruschetta mixta is a perfect appetizer for two, delicate toasts topped with a variety of Italian ingredients like roasted eggplant and proscuitto crudo."
- Puerto Viejo de Limon's Best Restaurants: "Pace yourself so you can enjoy all courses including dessert."
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: Farm fresh ingredients become healthy Italian dishes at the hands of the inspired chef here.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: The epitome of romance is this little Italian restaurant nestled in the rainforest.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: The open air seating surrounded by the jungle is as romantic as it gets.
- Best for Take Out Because: Make it an indoor date night with a pizza to-go from this top notch PV restaurant.
- Best for Puerto Viejo de Limon's Best Restaurants Because: La Pecora Nera is an oasis of delicious Italian cuisine nestled within the rainforest.
- Best for Italian Because: A hidden gem well worth tracking down, La Pecora Nera serves the best Italian cuisine outside of Italy, some dare say.
- Best for Seafood Because: Fish caught fresh by the chef's fisherman friends make for special dishes not to be missed.
- Best for Fine Dining Because: Fine dining on fresh Italian cuisine in the rainforest is a decadent experience.
- Best for Local Flavor Because: The flavor of Caribbean's freshest ingredients shines through in the masterfully created Italian dishes here.
- Best for Farm to Table Because: Many ingredients in these tasty Italian dishes are grown in the chef's own garden.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Exquisitely crafted Italian cuisine served in a romantic rainforest atmosphere makes for a unique dining experience.