Explore Costa Rica
Maxi's Restaurant is truly a classic, planting its stilts in the sand several decades back, when it was the only restaurant in all of Manzanillo, and it practically still is. Located at the very end... Read More
Maxi's Restaurant is truly a classic, planting its stilts in the sand several decades back, when it was the only restaurant in all of Manzanillo, and it practically still is. Located at the very end of the long road that runs all the way from San Jose down through Puerto Viejo, Maxi's stands overlooking the beach It's this prime location, mixed with the familiar, laid-back vibe of its proprietors, a menu stocked with fresh seafood Caribbean dishes, and a bar that makes Maxi's such a landmark. The two story, open-air restaurant is casual enough for flip flops and board shorts, but cool enough to host special occasion dinners, parties, and game-watching, too.
end of the road in Manzanillo
Puerto Viejo de Limon,
- Late Night, Best Value, Beach Restaurants: "Go for drinks and the view- it's also a nice place to celebrate a birthday."
- Romantic Dining: "Ride a bike to this local landmark at the end of the road at the edge of the Manzanillo Gandoca Wildlife Refuge."
- Local Flavor: "Go for drinks and the view- it's a nice casual place to celebrate a birthday."
- Best for Late Night Because: It's really the only good place to grab a bite to eat late night in Manzanillo.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Affordable meals and valuable memories are made at Maxi's.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Views of the sunset over the sea from the upstairs dining room are especially enchanting.
- Best for Beach Restaurants Because: Maxi's boasts the coldest beers ad the best views of Manzanillo beach.
- Best for Local Flavor Because: Maxi's offers authentic Caribbean flavors and coconut infused seafood specialties.