Explore Costa Rica
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Sophia LaMonica
This is where to come for coffee, croissants, baguettes, and if there's a soccer game on, you can watch it here. Located in a casual open air spot steps from the beach, many of the tables outside have... Read More
This is where to come for coffee, croissants, baguettes, and if there's a soccer game on, you can watch it here. Located in a casual open air spot steps from the beach, many of the tables outside have a view of the water. The prices for breakfast and lunch are the lowest in town and you get plenty of breakfast for your colones. All the baking is done in- house and the glass display is brimming with goodies that are hard to resist. Pan Pay opens at 7 but closes in the late afternoon, and everything on the menu is good.
Beachfront next to the police station
Puerto Viejo de Limon,
- Breakfast: "Chocolate bundt cake is delicious and not available everyday."
- Family Friendly: "Fresh baked baguettes run out fast, so get yours to-go early."
- Best Value: "Fresh baked baguettes sell out so get there early to get yours."
- Beach Restaurants, Take Out: "The best baguettes make for great picnic lunches."
- Lunch: "Fresh baguettes are baked here every morning."
- Best for Breakfast Because: Fresh baked baguettes and delicious breakfast dishes in a casual setting.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: Practically on the beach, this casual place is a favorite for all ages.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: This is the best value spot for breakfast in Puerto Viejo de Limon.
- Best for Beach Restaurants Because: Outdoor tables overlook the beach, and bathing suits are welcome.
- Best for Take Out Because: Grab a pastry from the case or order sandwiches to-go for an excellent beach or jungle picnic lunch.
- Best for Lunch Because: Sandwiches made with fresh baked baguettes are perfect for picnic lunches on the beach.