Explore Costa Rica
At Soda Lidia, traditional dishes like rice and beans are infused with coconut and served with chicken in Caribbean sauce, and there are plenty of hearty options for vegetarians, like a casado with... Read More
At Soda Lidia, traditional dishes like rice and beans are infused with coconut and served with chicken in Caribbean sauce, and there are plenty of hearty options for vegetarians, like a casado with plantains and salad. It's a casual place nestled against the jungle' edge behind the main road of Puerto Viejo, where Lidia still runs her kitchen like a tight ship and locals gather to catch up after a day of surfing. It's casual but cozy, and the casados include Lidia's special slaw- if you have yet to try patacones (fried plantains), here's a great spot to do so.
Avenida 67, Calle 217 behind the DIamante
Puerto Viejo de Limon,
- Best for Breakfast Because: Authentic Caribbean cuisine served in a casual setting is a must eat for breakfast.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Take-away plates are great for picnic lunches and DIY date nights.
- Best for Take Out Because: Chicken in Caribbean Sauce with succulent sides fit nicely in a take-out container, and taste just as good a few minutes later.
- Best for Puerto Viejo de Limon's Best Restaurants Because: The best real Caribbean food in Puerto Viejo, Soda Lidia is a long-standing local favorite.
- Best for Local Flavor Because: Soda Lidia is the top spot in Puerto Viejo de Limon for tasting local Caribbean cuisine.