Explore Costa Rica
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Sophia LaMonica
Tasty Waves Cantina
Cuisine: Latin, Mexican
Price Range: $
Clearly named for the undeniably stellar Caribbean surf that unfolds just across the road, Tasty Waves Cantina does much to revive the classic surfer vibe that first drew tourists to the area;... Read More
Clearly named for the undeniably stellar Caribbean surf that unfolds just across the road, Tasty Waves Cantina does much to revive the classic surfer vibe that first drew tourists to the area; whatever the weather, from the torrential rains that bring mud slides to the places perched along the coast, like Tasty Waves is, to the punishing yet rewarding rights and lefts that make Cocles the most coveted spot along the Caribbean to surf, this winsomely laid-back bar restaurant and beachfront lounge spot with a pool table is happy to be there, and share the beauty of this beautiful place with tacos, tequila shots, and of course, Tasty Waves.
Across from Cocles Beach
- Best for Late Night Because: Stayed too late to walk back to your hotel and these folks will be happy to call you a cab- no easy feat after dark.
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Tasty's Taco Tuesday and two-for one well drinks are great deals.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: If you've a soft spot for soft tacos, cold beers and surfers Tasty Waves Cantina is just the spot.
- Best for Beach Restaurants Because: The surfers behind Tasty Waves named their place for its excellent view of the surf a few steps away.
- Best for Take Out Because: Take-out tacos, smoothies, salads, and other healthy goodies day and night.