Explore Costa Rica
Cuisine: Caribbean, Local Specialty, Regional, Vegetarian
Price Range: $
Veronica's Place is a completely vegetarian restaurant on the Caribbean coast where the chef owner is Veronica herself, a Puerto Viejo native whose roots trace back to Jamaica and whose culinary style... Read More
Veronica's Place is a completely vegetarian restaurant on the Caribbean coast where the chef owner is Veronica herself, a Puerto Viejo native whose roots trace back to Jamaica and whose culinary style reflects her deep knowledge of local ingredients. Try the coconut rice and beans, Ron Don soup, and yucca pudding for dessert. Everything on the menu is vegetarian, vegan, or raw, and made with good health in mind. One of Veronica's specialties is fruit and ginger whipped into a refreshing smoothie, a unique concoction that will linger on your taste buds and in your memories long after the last sip.
- Restaurants with Healthy Menus: "If you like the cuisine, consider a cooking class with Veronica herself."
- Vegetarian: "Consider a cooking class with Veronica herself, which includes a generous vegetarian spread."
- Best Value, Puerto Viejo de Limon's Best Restaurants, Farm to Table: "If you like the cuisine, consider a cooking class with Veronica herself, a steal at only $25, including a big vegetarian spread."
- Best for Restaurants with Healthy Menus Because: Vegetarian Caribbean cuisine is made as healthy as can be.
- Best for Vegetarian Because: This long-standing spot boasts a totally vegetarian menu comprised mostly of local Caribbean ingredients
- Recommended as Best Value Because: Not only is Veronica's Place a vegetarian restaurant, it's an inexpensive one, too.
- Best for Puerto Viejo de Limon's Best Restaurants Because: Authentic Caribbean fare not just for vegetarians with lots of special local Puerto Viejo ingredients.
- Best for Farm to Table Because: Every dish is created from farm fresh ingredients from within a few feet of this vegetarian favorite.