Explore Costa Rica
Also Featured In
Grano de Oro Restaurant
Price Range: $$
What started as a simple hotel caf-- has expanded to become one of the country's finest restaurants with well-earned reputation. Casually elegant, this restaurant is situated off the Grano de Oro... Read More
What started as a simple hotel caf-- has expanded to become one of the country's finest restaurants with well-earned reputation. Casually elegant, this restaurant is situated off the Grano de Oro Hotel's central courtyard which provides for pleasant seating options on cooperative days. A Frech chef is behind the European menu has Costa Rican influences and changes regularly, featuring seafood, beef, chicken and vegetable offerings. If it's available on your visit, try the macadamia-encrusted covina or the Gorgonzola-stuffed filet mignon, but surely whatever you choose will shine. And, most certainly save room for dessert as the offerings here are scrumptious.
- San José's Best Restaurants: "Excellent date place with banquet room for special occasion dinners."
- Breakfast: "This is the place for a special occasion meal or date night."
- Outdoor Dining, Seafood, Lunch, Best Restaurants: "Excellent place for a special occasion dinner or a very memorable date."
- Fine Dining: "Save room for dessert, there's something sweet for everyone here."
- Best for San José's Best Restaurants Because: The inner patio is a dining sanctuary delivering exquisite flavors.
- Best for Breakfast Because: A sumptuous breakfast on the open-air patio within the hotel ranks high on the must-eat-here list.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: The intimate outdoor patio is about as romantic as it gets in San Jose.
- Best for Seafood Because: The chef's special macadamia encrusted corvina is a standout.
- Best for Lunch Because: This restaurant is an oasis of French infused cuisine in the heart of a beautiful boutique hotel.
- Best for Fine Dining Because: A stellar French chef lends distinctive flavors to the dishes at this fine hotel restaurant.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: The French chef creates masterpiece meals in the restaurant of this romantic hotel.