Also Featured In
United States Capitol
Type: Historic Sites
Want to see where bills are endlessly debated and sometimes pass to become laws? Come watch the House and/or Senate in session at the U.S. Capitol and get a tour of the stunning building too. While... Read More
Want to see where bills are endlessly debated and sometimes pass to become laws? Come watch the House and/or Senate in session at the U.S. Capitol and get a tour of the stunning building too. While you may tour parts of the structure during business hours, you need gallery passes to see the floor where elected officials are so be sure to contact your representative's office far in advance. Special tours are offered throughout the week at set times which require passes obtained at the Visitor Center to attend. Check out the detailed art work by Constantino Brumidi on the first floor of the Senate wing or learn about the Capitol and Congress during the Civil War. METRO: Capitol South
- Visitor's Center & Gift Shop: Mon-Sat 8:30am-4:30pm
- Senate & House Galleries (When in Session): Mon-Sat 9am-4:30pm
- Restaurant: Mon-Sat 7:30am-4pm
- Tour Passes Required: Mon-Sat 8:50am-3:20pm
- Free Things to Do: "Free listening devices are available for those who want to hear tours in different languages. You just have to leave a photo ID at the information desk."
- Historic Sites: "If you are visiting the Senate and House galleries, cameras are not allowed but they have a checkstand where you may safely store it."