Also Featured In
Price Range: $$$
Named after the sacred fir tree native to central Mexico where monarch butterflies take refuge after migration, Oyamel is emerging as one of the district's top upscale casual dining options. The menu... Read More
Named after the sacred fir tree native to central Mexico where monarch butterflies take refuge after migration, Oyamel is emerging as one of the district's top upscale casual dining options. The menu features creative interpretations of modern, urban Mexican food – snacks or small dishes, tacos, ceviches and desserts. The guacamole is even made fresh at your table! You may want to take the Metro here because the drink menu is so enticing. Several different interpretations of the margarita are offered as well as house cocktails, wines and beers. Resident experts will also guide you through tastings of tequilas and mezcals. Metro: Gallery Place/Chinatown
- Best for Late Night, Best Restaurants Because: World renowned chef Jose Andres has created yet another outstanding restaurant for Washington, D.C.
- Best for Restaurants near Verizon Center Because: If you've seen the best performers and sports stars, you will want to best when it comes to food as well. You'll get it here.
- Best for Restaurants near FedEx Field Because: Another outstanding addition to Washington D.C.'s restaurant scene by famed chef Jose Andres.
- Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus: "Order the fresh guacamole prepared table-side. It's a spicy, creamy bowl of perfection."
- Best for Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus Because: Authentic Mexican cuisine is vibrant, fresh, zingy and creative; at Oyamel, it shines.