Price Range: $$
With two locations in the district, this restaurant puts a modern twist on Indian cuisine featuring small plates yet big taste. Start off with a dish made off a tawa (griddle) like crab pepper masala... Read More
With two locations in the district, this restaurant puts a modern twist on Indian cuisine featuring small plates yet big taste. Start off with a dish made off a tawa (griddle) like crab pepper masala or avocado banana chaat or head straight to their sigri (open barbeque) menu including selections of mango shrimp and spicy reshmi kebab. The entrees list will have you wishing for a bigger stomach with choices like tandoori chicken tikka and lobster hawa mahal. Be sure to make time to check out the artwork throughout the restaurant. Each piece was created by an Indian artist. METRO: Archives/Navy Memorial or China Town/Gallery Place
- Best Restaurants: "Lunch is offered every day except Saturdays. Dinner is served every day."
- Romantic Dining: "The dress code is smart casual but men are not allowed to wear shorts, sandals, sleeveless shirts and baseball caps."
- Restaurants near Verizon Center, Group Friendly: "Lunch and dinner are served Monday through Friday. They are only open for dinner on Saturdays and closed on Sundays."
- Recommended as Best Restaurants, Restaurants near Verizon Center Because: Small dishes equal big taste at this modern Indian cuisine destination.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: With soft lighting, warm colors and small yet big on taste dishes, this spot is the perfect date night restaurant.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: A private dining room can seat up to 16 persons so grab some friends and family and head on over!
- Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus: "Try the ragda patties – spiced potatoes, chickpeas and tamarind never tasted so good!"
- Best for Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus Because: Consistently ranked one of D.C.'s best restaurants, Rasika sets the bar against which so many other eateries are measured.
Find the 10Best nearby: