Price Range: $$$
Stuffed French toast, buttermilk pancakes and poached egg hashes are just a small sample of some of the breakfast menu items at Founding Farmers. With a focus on quality and natural ingredients, the... Read More
Stuffed French toast, buttermilk pancakes and poached egg hashes are just a small sample of some of the breakfast menu items at Founding Farmers. With a focus on quality and natural ingredients, the restaurant prepares dishes with sustainably farmed, grown and harvested American foods. Vegan and vegetarian dishes are available. For those who come to lunch or dinner, a bevy of classic cocktails are available plus a plentiful wine selection. Make sure to try one of their made from scratch sodas including the delicious New York egg cream featuring chocolate syrup, milk and soda. If you still have room, the dessert menu offers blue ribbon apple pie, red velvet cake and house churned fresh ice cream. METRO: Farragut West
- Best Value: "Be sure to check out the artwork as the restaurant collaborates with local artisans."
- Brunch: "Be sure to try the Ranch steak and eggs."
- Family Friendly: "Menus differ by location so be sure to check online before you go to see if your favorite dish is available."
- Breakfast: "For those in Virginia, a new Founding Farmers opens Feb. 5 in the Tysons II development."
- Homestyle: "The restaurant was the first in DC to be LEED Gold Certified, uses natural products to clean, recycles and composts."
- Recommended as Best Value Because: If you need to grab and go or want to sit down for a meal, this chain offers a good price for locally sourced dishes.
- Best for Brunch Because: Your stomach will wake you up to come to this restaurant which offers several locations throughout the Metro area.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: A great place to show kids how fresh, local food can help make a meal even better.
- Best for Breakfast Because: This eater is a must for those who love to support local and regional farms.
- Best for Homestyle Because: Make sure to try the devil-ish eggs and the chili dog dishes.