United States Botanic Garden
Type: Gardens, Parks
For those of us lacking a green thumb or the ability to grow anything, the U.S. Botanic Garden is the spot to see an amazing array of plants from many different areas. Dating back to the 19th century,... Read More
For those of us lacking a green thumb or the ability to grow anything, the U.S. Botanic Garden is the spot to see an amazing array of plants from many different areas. Dating back to the 19th century, the museum is divided into three separate sections: the Conservatory showcasing displays and exhibits including jungle, Hawaiian and endangered plants, the National Garden highlighting a regional and butterfly garden and the Bartholdi Park housing the historic, cast-iron fountain. Kids can check out the seasonally open Children's Garden to get a better view of plants and play with garden tools. METRO: Federal Center SW
- Conservatory Daily 10am-5pm
- Bartholdi Park Daily sunrise-sunset
- Guided tours Mon-Fri 10:30am and 1:30pm
- Romantic Things to Do: "While the outdoor gardens are open, the conservatory and public restrooms are not due to the closure of the U.S. Capitol grounds."
- Sightseeing, Things to Do with Kids: "Head to the Visitor Information Desk upon your arrival to see if any tours will be given of the Conservatory."
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: Flowers are a great way to show someone how much they mean to you so come see blooms from all over the world here.
- Best for Sightseeing Because: A beautiful urban venue that allows guests the chance to see plants around the world.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: This venue offers patrons the chance to see plants from around the world in a beautiful urban setting.
Find the 10Best nearby: