Also Featured In
All of these joyful holiday events are enough to drive Ebenezer Scrooge mad so come see him transform his mean, old ways thanks to visits from the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future in... Read More
All of these joyful holiday events are enough to drive Ebenezer Scrooge mad so come see him transform his mean, old ways thanks to visits from the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future in Charles Dickens' 'A Christmas Carol' presented at Ford's Theatre. The musically-infused play, a theatre tradition for more than 35 years, would surly bring a smile to even Scrooge's harsh face. While taking in the annual holiday show, make sure to explore the history of the venue which was the site of President Abraham Lincoln's assassination in 1865. Metro: Gallery Place, Metro Center or Archives/Navy Memorial.
- Tours: Daily 9am-4:30pm
- Box Office: Daily 8:30am-5pm
- Tours Free
Performances $25 - $55
- Holiday Attractions: "The two-hour show, running from Nov. 16 through Dec. 31, is recommended for ages 5 and up."
- Sightseeing: "The theatre's museum features the pistol used by assassin John Wilkes Booth and the clothing worn by Abraham Lincoln the evening he was shot."
- Historic Sites: "The theatre's museum has the actual gun used in the assassination on display."
- Best for Holiday Attractions Because: Seeing 'A Christmas Carol' is a holiday tradition. Why not see it in person instead of on television?
- Best for Sightseeing Because: With 2015 marking the 150 anniversary of Lincoln's assassination, the theatre has many noteworthy programs worth attending.
- Best for Historic Sites Because: The refurbished theatre pays its respects to Lincoln while putting on enjoyable performances for all.