Cuisine: European, Italian
Price Range: $$$
Opened in 2011, this much buzzed-about restaurant is Chef Fabio Trabocchi's first in D.C. With a modern upscale vibe and a focus on regional and contemporary Italian cuisine, this venue invites dinner... Read More
Opened in 2011, this much buzzed-about restaurant is Chef Fabio Trabocchi's first in D.C. With a modern upscale vibe and a focus on regional and contemporary Italian cuisine, this venue invites dinner guests in the main room to create their own tasting menu consisting of four to five dishes for a price per guest. (A staff member will help if needed so don't panic if you need suggestions.) Enhancements like caviar are available to add to the meal as well. For those who are dedicated to sustainability, the restaurant sources its food from the Virginia-based Chancellors Rock Farm. METRO: Archives-Navy Memorial-Penn Quarter.
- Romantic Dining: "Check out their private, luxury yurts that may host between two to six guests and offer a unique way to enjoy the venue."
- Best Restaurants: "The dress code is upscale so please leave those baseball caps and athletic wear at home."
- Lunch, Politico & People Spotting: "The venue is closed on Sundays."
- Italian: "The venue is closed on Sundays so plan accordingly."
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: With a focus on beauty and refinement, Fabio Trabocchi's flagship restaurant is the perfect spot for a romantic food-focused rendezvous.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants, Italian Because: Luxury and culinary elegance meet to bring guests an unforgettable contemporary Italian meal experience.
- Best for Lunch Because: Offering outstanding lunch choices in the restaurant and in the bar makes this outstanding restaurant a midday winner.
- Best for Politico & People Spotting Because: Daily menu changes bring in well-known faces to this must-eat destination.