Explore Fort Lauderdale
Also Featured In
Type: Gardens, Museums, Zoos
Containing some of the last natural jungle growth in South Florida, Flamingo Gardens is one of the oldest Botanical gardens in this part of the state and a fasicnating place to visit. Consisting of a... Read More
Containing some of the last natural jungle growth in South Florida, Flamingo Gardens is one of the oldest Botanical gardens in this part of the state and a fasicnating place to visit. Consisting of a one-and-a-half-acre free-flight aviary featuring wading birds, a crocodile lagoon, river otter and bobcat habitats, wetlands, and a citrus grove make this lush tropical setting a fascinating place to visit. Visitors can choose to take a narrated tram tour or to walk a lovely paved path to see the grounds. There is also a small museum housed in the original home of the previous owners, which includes period furniture. Several cafes and shops are conveniently located within the grounds.
- Oct - May Daily 9:30am-5pm
- Jun - Sep Tue-Sun 9:30am-5pm
- Gardens Adult $17; Senior (65+) $13.60; Student $13.60; Military $13.60; Child (4-11) $8.50; Child (3 and under) Free
Tram Adult $4; Child (4-11) $3; Child (3 and under) Free
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: A very Florida experience surrounded in its beautiful sub-tropical vegetation and unique wildlife.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Flamingo Gardens has been entertaining and inspiring locals and visitors for many years, and it is what Florida is all about.
- Best for Attractions near BB&T Center Because: Who doesn't think of South Florida and its stellar sub-tropical natural setting?