Explore Fort Myers
Also Featured In
Photo courtesy of Gina BIrch
Type: Outdoor Activities, Sightseeing, Tours and Excursions, Water
It's hard to beat a sunset sail for a romance. Imagine a slow cruise on the clear blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico as dolphins frolic and the sun slips away, turning the sky into a brilliant... Read More
It's hard to beat a sunset sail for a romance. Imagine a slow cruise on the clear blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico as dolphins frolic and the sun slips away, turning the sky into a brilliant painting. All of this while listening to music, drinking cold beverages and eating snacks you probably should not. That's what Captiva Cruises offers you in their "Sunset Serenade Cruise". The boats leave from both McCarthy's Marina and South Seas Island Resort on Captiva Island. There is a full bar onboard and snacks are sold as well. Boat schedules vary depending on the time of year so be sure to call for reservations.
- Contact for Specific Dates and Times
- Dolphin Watch & Wildlife Adventure Cruise Adult $20; Child $12.50
Sunset Serenade Cruise Adult $20; Child $10
Cayo Costa Beach and Shelling full day Adult $45; Child $25
Cayo Costa Beach and Shelling half day Adult $35; Child $20
Cabbage Key Cruise Adult $30; Child $15
Useppa Island Adult $30; Child $15
Boca Grande Adult $45; Child $25
- Romantic Things to Do: "The cruises sail from two different Marina's on Captiva Island so double check your reservation pick up location."
- Dinner Cruises: "The cruises sail from two different Marina's on Captiva Island so double check your reservation and location."
- Things to Do in December: "Always adding new tours to their roster, check the website for special boating excursions."
- Best Attractions & Activities: "Always offering new adventures, check the website for special, one time only cruises."
- Tours and Excursions: "Always trying new adventures, check the website for special, one time only excursions"
- Best for Romantic Things to Do Because: For all around romance it is hard to beat catching a sunset on a boat with live music, cocktails and dolphins.
- Best for Dinner Cruises Because: Not only do you get amazing views on this cruise, but you also get live music and a bar to help celebrate the sunset.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: December is a perfect time to explore Southwest Florida by boat; the sunsets are spectacular and you get to view holiday lights along the way
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: Water is one of the finest features of the Fort Myers area and Captiva Cruises offers quality trips for fun, exploration and adventure.
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: Captiva Cruises offers an extensive menu of water tours to key coastal spots, and an entertaining staff who knows the waterway's fascinating history,