Explore Fort Myers
Edison & Ford Winter Estates
Type: Historic Sites, Tours and Excursions
The Edison & Ford Winter Estates cover more than 20 acres along the Caloosahatchee River, offering a glimpse into the lives of two of America's greatest inventors, Thomas A. Edison and Henry Ford.... Read More
The Edison & Ford Winter Estates cover more than 20 acres along the Caloosahatchee River, offering a glimpse into the lives of two of America's greatest inventors, Thomas A. Edison and Henry Ford. The estate museum is 15-thousand square feet of fascinating exhibits from the nations most influential inventor. You'll get to see some of Edison's most famous inventions such as the light bulb, telegraph, telephone, phonography, x-ray machine and more. You may also be surprised to discover more than 1000 of Edison's lesser-known patents as well as personal photographs and other items. Henry Ford's original Model T is also there, a gift to Edison from his friend and fellow winter resident. The botanical gardens have stunning flora and fauna that guides love to point out.
2350 McGregor Blvd
Fort Myers, FL 33901
- Daily 9am-5:30pm
- Adult $20; Child (6-12) $11; Child (5 and under) Free
- Tours and Excursions, Things to Do in Fall, Best Attractions & Activities, Museums: "The self-guided audio tour is a good value, allowing you to explore the estates at your own pace."
- Things to Do in December: "Check the website for updated information on special entertainment during the holiday run."
- Outdoor Activities: "The self-guided audio tour is a good value, allowing you to explore the grounds at your own pace."
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: The winter homes of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford are among the most famous attractions in the area. The guided tours offer fascinating information.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: During Holiday Nights, the grounds come alive with thousands of lights and unique decorations in the buildings and gardens of the landmark estates.
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: The waterfront estates of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford seem a little more breezy this time of year; the history is always fascinating.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The lush estates house the actual lab of America's greatest inventor, Thomas Edison as well as original Model T's from his friend Henry Ford.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Step back in time at the sprawling winter homes and gardens of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford, situated on the banks of the Caloosahatchee River.
- Best for Museums Because: A fascinating look at the life of and the most important inventions of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford.
Find the 10Best nearby: