Explore Fort Myers
Edison & Ford Winter Estates
Type: Historic Sites, Tours and Excursions
The Edison & Ford Winter Estates are some of Fort Myers' most popular attractions. Covering more than 20 acres, this historic complex on the Caloosahatchee River offers an intriguing glimpse into... Read More
The Edison & Ford Winter Estates are some of Fort Myers' most popular attractions. Covering more than 20 acres, this historic complex on the Caloosahatchee River offers an intriguing glimpse into the lives of two of America's greatest inventors, Thomas A. Edison and Henry Ford. Tour the impressive botanical gardens and nine historic buildings, including Edison's Botanic Research Laboratory and the Estates Museum, which is filled with inventions, artifacts and special exhibit galleries. Catch an up close look at Edison and Ford motoring through the Everglades or learn about some of the lesser-known of Edison's more than 1,000 patents. Some of his first light bulbs still burn in the lab. It's a fascinating place.
2350 McGregor Blvd
Fort Myers, FL 33901
- Daily 9am-5:30pm
- Adult $20; Child (6-12) $11; Child (5 and under) Free
- Best Attractions & Activities, Things to Do in Fall, Museums, Tours and Excursions: "The self-guided audio tour is a good value, allowing you to explore the estates at your own pace."
- Outdoor Activities: "The self-guided audio tour is a good value, allowing you to explore the grounds at your own pace."
- Things to Do in December: "Check the website for updated information on special entertainment during the holiday run."
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The lush estates house the actual lab of America's greatest inventor, Thomas Edison as well as original Model T's from his friend Henry Ford.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Step back in time at the sprawling winter homes and gardens of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford, situated on the banks of the Caloosahatchee River.
- Best for Things to Do in December Because: During Holiday Nights, the grounds come alive with thousands of lights and unique decorations in the buildings and gardens of the landmark estates.
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: The waterfront estates of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford seem a little more breezy this time of year; the history is always fascinating.
- Best for Museums Because: A fascinating look at the life of and the most important inventions of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford.
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: The winter homes of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford are among the most famous attractions in the area. The guided tours offer fascinating information.