Explore Fort Myers
Also Featured In
The Edison & Ford Winter Estates is one of the most popular attractions in the Fort Myers area. Visitors come here year round but get an extra special treat during the holiday season. The historic... Read More
The Edison & Ford Winter Estates is one of the most popular attractions in the Fort Myers area. Visitors come here year round but get an extra special treat during the holiday season. The historic buildings, labs and gardens, are decorated with thousands of lights and traditional trimmings. Holiday Nights is the only time of year the grounds are open past sunset; an educational and beautiful way for the entire family to spend an evening. This event has earned national recognition, in fact being selected by the editors of 10Best as one of the top Historic Homes to visit for the Holidays. During Holiday Nights, guests are also treated to live music and an occasional visit from Santa Clause. In addition, there are refreshments for purchase and the museum and gift stores stay open late.
2350 McGregor Blvd
Fort Myers, FL 33901
- Daily 9am-5:30pm
- Adult $20; Child (6-12) $11; Child (5 and under) Free
- Holiday Attractions: "Some night's feature horse and carriage rides"
- Things to Do in December: "Different nights have special features and sometimes entertainment"
- Best Attractions & Activities, Museums, Tours and Excursions: "The self-guided audio tour is a good value, allowing you to explore the estates at your own pace."
- Outdoor Activities: "The self-guided audio tour is a good value, allowing you to explore the grounds at your own pace."
- Best for Holiday Attractions, Things to Do in December Because: The grounds come alive at night with thousands of lights and unique decorations in the buildings and gardens of the landmark estates.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The lush estates house the actual lab of America's greatest inventor, Thomas Edison as well as original Model T's from his friend Henry Ford.
- Best for Museums Because: A fascinating look at the life of and the most important inventions of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Step back in time at the sprawling winter homes and gardens of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford, situated on the banks of the Caloosahatchee River.
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: The winter homes of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford are among the most famous attractions in the area. The guided tours offer fascinating information.