Explore Fort Myers
Also Featured In
The Edison & Ford Winter Estates cover more than 20 acres along the Caloosahatchee River, offering a glimpse into the lives of two of America's greatest inventors, Thomas A. Edison and Henry Ford.... Read More
The Edison & Ford Winter Estates cover more than 20 acres along the Caloosahatchee River, offering a glimpse into the lives of two of America's greatest inventors, Thomas A. Edison and Henry Ford. The Edison Estate is 15-thousand square feet of fascinating exhibits from the nations most influential inventor. You'll get to see some of Edison's most famous finds such as the light bulb, telegraph, telephone, phonography, x-ray machine and more. You may also be surprised to discover more than 1000 of his lesser-known patents, as well as personal photographs and other items. Henry Ford's original Model T is also there, a gift to Edison from his friend and fellow winter resident. It's a must see any time of the year.
2350 McGregor Blvd
Fort Myers, FL 33901
- Daily 9am-5:30pm
- Adult $20; Child (6-12) $11; Child (5 and under) Free
- Things to Do in Fall, Best Attractions & Activities, Museums, Tours and Excursions: "The self-guided audio tour is a good value, allowing you to explore the estates at your own pace."
- Holiday Attractions: "Some night's feature horse and carriage rides"
- Things to Do in December: "Different nights have special features and sometimes entertainment"
- Outdoor Activities: "The self-guided audio tour is a good value, allowing you to explore the grounds at your own pace."
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: The waterfront estates of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford seem a little more breezy this time of year; the history is always fascinating.
- Recommended as Best Attractions & Activities Because: The lush estates house the actual lab of America's greatest inventor, Thomas Edison as well as original Model T's from his friend Henry Ford.
- Best for Holiday Attractions, Things to Do in December Because: The grounds come alive at night with thousands of lights and unique decorations in the buildings and gardens of the landmark estates.
- Best for Museums Because: A fascinating look at the life of and the most important inventions of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: Step back in time at the sprawling winter homes and gardens of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford, situated on the banks of the Caloosahatchee River.
- Best for Tours and Excursions Because: The winter homes of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford are among the most famous attractions in the area. The guided tours offer fascinating information.