Explore Fort Myers
Photo courtesy of Bennett's Fresh Roast
Bennett's Fresh Roast
Cuisine: American, Bakery, Coffee Shop
Bennett's Fresh Roast has a bit of a cult following, off the beaten path in downtown Fort Myers. Owned by a longtime, local radio personality C. David Bennett, his donuts gained international... Read More
Bennett's Fresh Roast has a bit of a cult following, off the beaten path in downtown Fort Myers. Owned by a longtime, local radio personality C. David Bennett, his donuts gained international attention on the Cooking Channel's Donut Showdown. A popular destination year-round, regulars can't wait until fall when the cases contain his famous Pumpkin Spice Donuts; they ooze with a delicious pumpkin cream filling. The maple donuts are also perfect for the season, especially the ones topped with Nuewske's Applewood smoked bacon--to die for. Bennett also prides himself in his apple pies and bread pudding. You just can't go wrong when it comes to finding treats befitting the fall season.
- Best Restaurants for Fall: "Dogs are welcomed on the deck."
- Lunch: "Check the board by the counter or online for daily specials."
- Breakfast: "A dog-friendly deck, the staff provides doggie "cookies", water bowls and donut shaped doggie beds for your pet's pleasure"
- Family Friendly: "Try the famous Maple Bacon donut with a bottomless cup-o-joe"
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Fall Because: Regulars come in droves during the fall when the coffee shop debuts its famous Pumpkin Spice Donuts.
- Best for Lunch Because: This famous local donut shop turns out more than just sweet treats; huge salads, soups and panini's du jour, and a killer lobster roll.
- Best for Breakfast Because: You'll never look at a donut the same after tasting these made from scratch treats, and tasting this freshly roasted coffee.
- Best for Family Friendly Because: Bennett's is a hot local spot with comforting, homemade foods for breakfast and lunch; from decadent donuts to healthful salads.