Explore Fort Myers
Cuisine: American, Seafood, Southern
Price Range: $$
Occupying two old homes dating back to 1902 (they were joined by Peter Pulitzer for his long-time fishing buddy, Fingers O'Bannon, in the early 1970s), the Veranda provides a charming atmosphere and... Read More
Occupying two old homes dating back to 1902 (they were joined by Peter Pulitzer for his long-time fishing buddy, Fingers O'Bannon, in the early 1970s), the Veranda provides a charming atmosphere and classic cuisine. Specializing in regional flavors and seafood, a restaurant favorite is artichoke fritters stuffed with blue crab. Try the classic table side dessert service for decadence and excitement. The personal yet professional service will enhance your dining experience whether you choose to eat indoors or in the romantic outdoor courtyard. The dining room is in one house, and the lounge is in the other; it features live piano Wednesday to Saturday. This is a perfect place for amore and quiet conversation.
- Romantic Dining: "The general manager has a secret stash of wine, if you want something extra special that is not on the menu."
- Best Restaurants, Best Restaurants for Spring, Fine Dining, Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus: "The bar is full of legal eagles after work."
- Group Friendly: "Parking lot full? In the evening you can use the City Hall lot across the street"
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Charming, romantic, and in a beautiful downtown Fort Myers setting, this restaurant makes for a special evening out.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Romantically set in a beautiful, historic downtown Fort Myers house, this restaurant makes for a special evening out.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Spring Because: The Veranda's garden is tasteful, charming and perfect for dining on a fresh spring day or evening.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Romantically set in a beautiful, historic downtown Fort Myers house, this restaurant has a private upstairs and a large open patio.
- Best for Fine Dining Because: This historic downtown restaurant has a reputation for for consistently good food, atmosphere and service.
- Best for Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus Because: This is one of the first of the most well established restaurants in Fort Myers to create a gluten free menu full of gourmet goodness.