Explore Fort Myers
Cuisine: American, Seafood, Southern
Price Range: $$
Occupying two old homes dating back to 1902 (they were joined by Peter Pulitzer for his long-time fishing buddy, Fingers O'Bannon, in the early 1970s), for years the Veranda has provided a charming... Read More
Occupying two old homes dating back to 1902 (they were joined by Peter Pulitzer for his long-time fishing buddy, Fingers O'Bannon, in the early 1970s), for years the Veranda has provided a charming atmosphere as well as consistently good cuisine. The personal yet professional service will enhance your dining experience whether you choose to eat indoors or out. The Veranda's lounge is a favorite with the downtown legal crowd. You'll often find live music here, the type one might expect from a sophisticated establishment. A favorite special occasion place, the Veranda is the perfect place for romance and quiet conversation.
- Best Restaurants: "Ask Denny, the General Manager, for special bottles of wine not on the menu"
- Romantic Dining: "The general manager has a secret stash of wine, if you want something extra special that is not on the menu."
- Best Restaurants for Spring, Fine Dining, Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus: "The bar is full of legal eagles after work."
- Group Friendly: "Parking lot full? In the evening you can use the City Hall lot across the street"
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Romantically set in a beautiful, historic downtown Fort Myers house, this restaurant makes for a special evening out.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Charming, romantic, and in a beautiful downtown Fort Myers setting, this restaurant makes for a special evening out.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Spring Because: The Veranda's garden is tasteful, charming and perfect for dining on a fresh spring day or evening.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Romantically set in a beautiful, historic downtown Fort Myers house, this restaurant has a private upstairs and a large open patio.
- Best for Fine Dining Because: This historic downtown restaurant has a reputation for for consistently good food, atmosphere and service.
- Best for Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus Because: This is one of the first of the most well established restaurants in Fort Myers to create a gluten free menu full of gourmet goodness.