Explore Fort Myers
Cuisine: American, Seafood, Southern
Price Range: $$
This downtown Fort Myers dining icon occupies two old homes dating back to 1902. For decades the Veranda has provided an atmosphere of southern sophistication, consistently good cuisine and impeccable... Read More
This downtown Fort Myers dining icon occupies two old homes dating back to 1902. For decades the Veranda has provided an atmosphere of southern sophistication, consistently good cuisine and impeccable service. It just feels right for the fall season. Many of the staff have been here for years and will go above and beyond to make your night memorable. Specializing in regional flavors and seafood, a restaurant favorite is artichoke fritters stuffed with blue crab. Table side preparation is not a lost art here and the menu is full of hearty meat dishes as well. The Veranda's lounge is cozy, often featuring live music music. It's a favorite special occasion place.
- Best Restaurants for Fall, Best Restaurants for Spring, Fine Dining, Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus: "The bar is full of legal eagles after work."
- Best Restaurants: "Ask Denny, the General Manager, for special bottles of wine not on the menu"
- Romantic Dining: "The general manager has a secret stash of wine, if you want something extra special that is not on the menu."
- Group Friendly: "Parking lot full? In the evening you can use the City Hall lot across the street"
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Fall Because: Found in two historic homes, it feels like a warm place to welcome fall, with classic cocktails and cuisine.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Romantically set in a beautiful, historic downtown Fort Myers house, this restaurant makes for a special evening out.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: Charming, romantic, and in a beautiful downtown Fort Myers setting, this restaurant makes for a special evening out.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants for Spring Because: The Veranda's garden is tasteful, charming and perfect for dining on a fresh spring day or evening.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Romantically set in a beautiful, historic downtown Fort Myers house, this restaurant has a private upstairs and a large open patio.
- Best for Fine Dining Because: This historic downtown restaurant has a reputation for for consistently good food, atmosphere and service.
- Best for Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus Because: This is one of the first of the most well established restaurants in Fort Myers to create a gluten free menu full of gourmet goodness.
Find the 10Best nearby: