Explore Fort Myers
Lakes Regional Park
Type: Attractions, Family Friendly, Free Attractions, Outdoor Activities, Parks, Water
Walking the 2.5 miles of paved and unpaved paths at Lakes Park is free but if you have a few extra dollars there are boat and bike rentals too. The small water park is free for kids to cool off and... Read More
Walking the 2.5 miles of paved and unpaved paths at Lakes Park is free but if you have a few extra dollars there are boat and bike rentals too. The small water park is free for kids to cool off and concessions are available. Check out the Miniature Railroad offering a 15-minute ride past a small-scale village. Hurricane Irma took a toll but you'll still see exotic vegetation and the occasional alligator in the 158 acres of freshwater quarry lakes; fishing is allowed. On your walk or ride, you'll spot birds like the Ibis and Heron, enjoy the fragrance garden, a seasonal community garden and rest in the gazebo or the many covered picnic areas. The park is also home to many cultural and music festivals and a seasonal Farmers Market on Friday mornings. Be sure to check the park's calendar for events.
- Things to Do with Kids: "There is a second entrance from Summerlin Road, for foot and bike traffic only."
- Free Things to Do: "The paths are wide and safe for a morning run or bike ride."
- Outdoor Activities, Parks: "There is a second entrance from Summerlin Road, for foot and bike traffic only"
- Things to Do in Fall: "While the Fall Festival is free, parking is $1 an hour"
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: This outdoor nature park offers a watery playground, biking, boating and plenty of space for picnics and play.
- Best for Free Things to Do Because: A fun place for the family to spend the entire day with lots of trails, wildlife, concessions and water activities.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: This park has a little something for everyone; wildlife, bike trails, exercise stations, boating, and a small water park for the kids.
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: The Fall Festival is particularly fun with scarecrow decorating contests, pumpkin patches and games for the entire family.
- Best for Parks Because: Not your average park, this one has a train, bike and boat rentals and miles of trails to explore native plants and wildlife.