Explore Fort Myers
Also Featured In
Calusa Nature Center and Planetarium
Type: Family Friendly, Museums, Planetarium / Observatory, Science Museums, Sightseeing
This space doubles as a nature center and museum, spanning more than 100 acres. And in the fall, it becomes haunted. The elevated boardwalks wind through the native vegetation where you can catch... Read More
This space doubles as a nature center and museum, spanning more than 100 acres. And in the fall, it becomes haunted. The elevated boardwalks wind through the native vegetation where you can catch glimpses of seasonal changes and even see wildlife. The dark wilderness is also a perfect setting for the annual Haunted Walk that takes place in October. The screams echoing through the brush get your heart pumping as you wait your turn to set foot on the path. There are also less scary, Friendly Forest nights for the little ones. If you prefer indoor activities, the planetarium offers special laser light shows this time of year (like Dark Side of the Moon) along with educational programs on the planets.
- Mon-Sat: 10am-4pm
- Sun: 11am-4pm
- Adult $10; Child (3-12) $5
- Best for Things to Do in Fall Because: See the change of seasons along the elevated boardwalks; they make a perfect setting for spooky, Haunted Walks at Halloween.
- Best for Outdoor Activities Because: This is a great way to explore the native vegetation and wildlife of Southwest Florida, along elevated boardwalks that end with interactive displays.
- Best for Things to Do with Kids Because: A great place to get in touch with Florida's nature during the day, while enjoying laser light and planetary shows at night.
- Best for Museums Because: This museum is focused on Southwest Florida's natural history, from alligators and birds to the importance of water. Be sure to check out the boardwalks.