Explore Fort Myers
Also Featured In
Price Range: $$$
This beach side dining spot has been an island favorite for the perfect combination of food and romance, for three decades. With only about a dozen tables, each one has a spectacular view of the... Read More
This beach side dining spot has been an island favorite for the perfect combination of food and romance, for three decades. With only about a dozen tables, each one has a spectacular view of the sunset over the Gulf of Mexico. The vibe is cozy, with dim lighting and exquisite attention to detail. The menu changes frequently with lots of fish offerings, always a hit, and the bouillabaisse consistently gets rave reviews. Start with a glass of bubbly or another selection from the high-end wine list and perhaps order the foie gras. Other tempting specials include lamb, duck and decadent homemade desserts. Sunset seatings fill up fast so by all means make a reservation. This is a true, waterside gem.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: This romantic, beachfront den has some of the best food in the area with breathtaking views of the sunset.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Every seat in this cozy den has a view of the beach. The food and service have been renowned for years; a special place.
- Best for Fine Dining Because: While most beachside restaurants are casual, diners come to the Mad Hatter for its coastal elegance and outstanding food.
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: The best beachside restaurant in the area with a menu that changes daily, a superb wine selection and excellent service.
- Best for Beach Restaurants Because: This beachfront restaurant requires shirts and shoes in exchange for superb service, atmosphere and most importantly, cuisine.
- Best for Seafood Restaurants on Sanibel Because: One of the few restaurants right on the beach, this upscale restaurant has impeccable views, an eclectic wine list and an enviable menu.