Explore Fort Myers
Also Featured In
Price Range: $$$
This beach side dining spot has been an island favorite for the perfect combination of food and ambiance, for three decades. With about a dozen tables, each one has a spectacular view of the sunset... Read More
This beach side dining spot has been an island favorite for the perfect combination of food and ambiance, for three decades. With about a dozen tables, each one has a spectacular view of the sunset over the Gulf of Mexico. The vibe is cozy, with dim lighting, and the staff pays perfect attention to detail. The menu changes frequently with lots of fish offerings; the bouillabaisse consistently gets rave reviews. Start with a glass of bubbly or another selection from the ecclectic wine list and perhaps order the foie gras. Sunset seating's fill up fast so by all means make a reservation. This is a true, waterside gem where shirts and shoes are definitely required
- Seafood Restaurants on Sanibel: "The owners typically close in September so check the website and social media for updates."
- Beach Restaurants: "The owners often close the Month of September so check their website or social media pages for dates."
- Romantic Dining: "The owners often close the Month of September and on Monday's during the off season"
- Best Restaurants, Waterfront Dining: "The owners often close the Month of September."
- Fine Dining: "The owners close most of September."
- Best for Seafood Restaurants on Sanibel Because: One of the few restaurants right on the beach, this upscale dining spot has impeccable views, an eclectic wine list and an enviable menu.
- Best for Beach Restaurants Because: This beachfront restaurant requires shirts and shoes in exchange for superb service, atmosphere and most importantly, cuisine.
- Best for Romantic Dining Because: This romantic, beachfront den has some of the best food in the area with breathtaking views of the sunset.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Every seat in this cozy den has a view of the beach. The food and service have been renowned for years; a special place.
- Best for Fine Dining Because: While most beachside restaurants are casual, diners come to the Mad Hatter for its coastal elegance and outstanding food.
- Best for Waterfront Dining Because: The best beachside restaurant in the area with a menu that changes daily, a superb wine selection and excellent service.