Explore Key West
Also Featured In
Cuisine: American, Vegetarian
Price Range: $$
This much-lauded restaurant in Bahama Village needs little introduction for its southern and Caribbean fare. The private courtyard (once home to Hemingway's boxing matches) is filled with roaming... Read More
This much-lauded restaurant in Bahama Village needs little introduction for its southern and Caribbean fare. The private courtyard (once home to Hemingway's boxing matches) is filled with roaming chickens and lounging cats soaking in the sun. Grab a seat outdoors under the shaded canopy or their indoor dining room. Breakfast is always jam-packed, so if you're starving, you may want to save this stop for another day. The lobster Benedict topped with lime hollandaise is a top favorite. Or try the Shrimp and Grits made with the local Key West Pinks, sauteed in butter, white wine and scallions over white cheddar grits. Pair with a mimosa for a true taste of heaven. Their famed Key lime pie has been featured on many a TV show and is country-star Kenny Chesney's favorite.
- Breakfast, Best Restaurants: "Key lime pie for breakfast? With its mile-high meringue, this treat is a must any time of the day."
- Outdoor Dining: "Ask for extra lobster meat. It's $3 extra but you get a pile."
- Group Friendly, Restaurants near Cruise Port: "Check out their Rooster Gallery next door--a cute little gift shop you'll love."
- Best for Breakfast Because: Kick back in the shady courtyard for a Caribbean breakfast with the roosters. Try the Shrimp and Grits or Lobster Benedict.
- Recommended as Best Restaurants Because: Best Brunch: Kick back in the shady courtyard for breakfast with the roosters. Try the Shrimp and Grits or Lobster Benedict.
- Best for Outdoor Dining Because: Slow down and enjoy your meal in their private courtyard where chickens roam, cats soak in the sun and live music lingers in the air.
- Best for Group Friendly Because: Groups can kick back in the shady courtyard and enjoy Bahamian cuisine and the infamous Key lime pie surrounded by roosters.
- Best for Restaurants near Cruise Port Because: With its infamous Key lime pie, funky ambiance and Caribbean fare, Blue Heaven is a true Key West experience.